A pure question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pure question

I hope someone can help me with the following query.

On the Pure 9 funk comp there's a secret track at the end of side 2. This track is a great funk song with a voiceover for fresh breath mint. Is this track from a real advertising promo or, as the comp is from the SoulFire stable, a modern construct? If the track is 'real' can someone help with a name and label.

This has been bugging me for years.

While I'm at it, if someone has a copy of Brother Williams' 'Cold Sweat' for sale then I would be very happy.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

I stuck that on the end of a tape for an American friend and they were like "my god I'd forgotten about Certz (sp?) Mints... 2 mints in one" so I think they were real...

As for Brother Williams? You having a laugh??!!
    There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Yep, 'Certz (sic) Fresh Breath Mints'. But did they (SoulFire) place an advert vocal over a newly create funk record or did the original ad contain funk?

As for Brother Williams. I like the inept funk drumming and its cheesy boogaloo style  

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Jan. 26 2004,14:44)]As for Brother Williams. I like the inept funk drumming and its cheesy boogaloo style  
        I'm not sure, but I think Mr D was suggesting this might not be quite so easily obtainable?
        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X