X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohawks reforming?

http://www.kudosrecords.co.uk/albumde....Y+AYERS

Right at the bottom.  

New material as in 'new' new? or old new?
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Just out of interest, who were the original members of the Mohawks - Alan H we know about, and I&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s Les Hurdle on bass, but does anyone know who the others are?

Comment

Well adrian gibson must know (if he&#39;s putting out their work).

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Jan. 26 2004,17:20)]Just out of interest, who were the original members of the Mohawks - Alan H we know about, and I&#39;m pretty sure it&#39;s Les Hurdle on bass, but does anyone know who the others are?
        Brian Bennett on drums?
        salchicha&#33;

Comment

I thought they were Dutch?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I&#39;d always believed it was Clem Cattini on drums.... the problem is that I don&#39;t think Hawkshaw could remember either &#33;
            Matt Hero

Comment

The linear notes on the lp are hillarious .. maybe someone could post?
              salchicha&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (teddy rosso @ Jan. 27 2004,17:51)]The linear notes on the lp are hillarious  .. maybe someone could post?
                All that stuff about &quot;Morris Hawk&quot; and his specially modified Hammond and the Jaguar he drives round in and stuff... I don&#39;t really recall, but I do remember it being pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (teddy rosso @ Jan. 28 2004,02:51)]
                  The linear notes on the lp are hillarious

Liner, not Linear

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Jan. 27 2004,17:11)]I&#39;d always believed it was Clem Cattini on drums.... the problem is that I don&#39;t think Hawkshaw could remember either &#33;
                    I&#39;d always suspected it was Byron Davis - purely because he was the credited drummer on the Graham Walker &#39;Hair&#39; LP, which also featured The Hawk, and sounds very similar.

But who is Byron Davis? Brian Bennett under a pseudonym, perhaps? Or just some bloke called Byron Davis who never did anything else?

I think it&#39;s quite likely the musicians on the Hair LP made up a considerable number of the Mohawks, but it&#39;d be nice if someone could confirm&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Jack @ Jan. 27 2004,20:09)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (teddy rosso @ Jan. 28 2004,02:51)]
                      Download attachment [ OCTET Stream ]
                      Number of downloads: 11
                      Have you deleted that file ?

Comment

I can &quot;exclusively&quot; reveal the &quot;new&quot; material being &quot;discussed&quot; is live recordings made when the band played at the Jazz Cafe in April 2000 to launch the KPM Music For Dancefloors compilation... Aaah, now that was a night to remember.

Blimey - a blizzard&#39;s just started outside...
                        There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Jan. 28 2004,10:49)]I can &quot;exclusively&quot; reveal the &quot;new&quot; material being &quot;discussed&quot; is live recordings made when the band played at the Jazz Cafe in April 2000 to launch the KPM Music For Dancefloors compilation... Aaah, now that was a night to remember.

Blimey - a blizzard&#39;s just started outside...
                          So who did they consist of - and was it the real deal original line-up?
                          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

The full list of personnel was on the KPM website a while back - as far as I can recall, most of them were modern session musos, with Hawkshaw on keys.

Comment

Oh its the jazz cafe sessions. I have that on cdr somewhere. They have them knocking about kpm. Ask peter cox for one.

Comment

Working...
                              X