Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toomorrow

Afternoon all.

Been offered a totally minty copy of the Toomorrow OST but I need to come up with a tasty trade for it - as I've only ever heard the one track I'd like to know if there's more goodness on it apart from the "Space Port" track?

Advice, as always, much appreciated.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

hugo montenegro only did the one track on it, which is the nutty breaks and moog number. the rest of it is uptempo brassy early 70s pop - but played by the same band by the sound of it.

personally i like the record a lot, and all of it, not just the name track. the band are pretty tight and it's well recorded. it's bloody hard to find so it's worth getting - if nothing else you can always flog it/trade it with ONJ collectors for a lot of money.

you should check if it comes with the stoopid ONJ poster insert - that tiny piece of orange paper makes a big difference to the price.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Thanks Ed.
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

How much is a non poster one? £70?
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Jan. 27 2004,16:56)]How much is a non poster one? £70?
          usually a bit more than that. the poster insert one tends to go for (well) over a ton.

Comment

Coool thanks. I don&#39;t know how rare this lp is...but I see one or two (even the toomorrow 45) on ebay every week or so.

I think its just well known as being naff off expensive and so people are still cashing in. Gotta be a lot of ONJ fans out there....saddo&#39;s&#33;
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

guess you&#39;re right. it was on a major so it&#39;s not gonna be micropress rare, but it&#39;s really bloody hard to find. only seen 2 copies for sale in the UK in 15 years.

i think there are 2 toomorrow 45s, might be wrong though...

if anyone wants to hear it i&#39;ll bring it down to brillo next time.

Comment

I&#39;m not known for my smarts but what is this ONJ you speak of?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Jan. 27 2004,17:53)]I&#39;m not known for my smarts but what is this ONJ you speak of?

Olivia Newt...

Comment

Oof&#33;  

Cheers Ed&#33;&#33;&#33;
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Sorry Rich for laffin&#39; at ya mate &#33;

Anyway, this LP to me is an essential one tracker. I love &quot;Spaceport&quot; and it&#39;s always got a big reaction from anyone I&#39;ve played it to.

As for the 45&#39;s - as far as I know there is just one. Always fetches a big price and doesn&#39;t have Spaceport on it. Bah&#33;
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Jan. 27 2004,18:01)]  

Sorry Rich for laffin&#39; at ya mate &#33;

Anyway, this LP to me is an essential one tracker. I love &quot;Spaceport&quot; and it&#39;s always got a big reaction from anyone I&#39;ve played it to.

As for the 45&#39;s - as far as I know there is just one. Always fetches a big price and doesn&#39;t have Spaceport on it. Bah&#33;

As I said, not known for my smarts. Now I know why this thread was in code.

&#39;Spaceport&#39; is indeed great, you put in on my Chrimbo tape a year ago Sie.

Comment

aha, that explains it... there&#39;s one 45 taken off the LP and another toomorrow 45 that&#39;s not on the LP.

1: I Could Never Live Without your Love/Roll Like The River (not on the LP)

2: You&#39;re My Baby Now/Going Back (on the LP)

Comment

Working...
                          X