A book full of breaks... fit's in your pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A book full of breaks... fit's in your pocket

Does such a thing exist... and if not, does anyone think it would sell?

I'm thinking about putting one together.
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

the-breaks.com?

Which is currently offline.

Comment

Someone once boosted all of Blaine's work on the Rap Sample FAQ, mistakes and all, and sold it as the 'Holy Book Of Hip Hop'. Pretty shady in my opinion. But I wish there was a similarly comprehensive site covering sample based music from outside the US. Such a book as you're suggesting would be a huge undertaking...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

there are lots of people who made a little book of the breaks list, themselves...
        I see them in record fairs just wanting what's on that list ... the good thing is that they leave all the realy great records because they are not on "there" list ..

Comment

To be honest, this was an idea I was kicking around nearly 2 years ago, and have slept on it. I found out about The-Breaks about 9 months ago and just find it a bit frustrating in the lack of updates so wanted to have a site where the users update it themselves. I suppose that does run the risk of wrong information, but I was going to have the option to update the entries as well if anyone knew it to be wrong. This database would then form the content for the directory really. I wondered how handy an offline resource would be.
          Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

i've thought about doing one too, and also a reggae riddims one, since the-breaks and reggae-riddims.com rarely get updated etc. same goes for the covers project -it's hard to add stuff and full of mistakes.

the best sites are the ones that are self-contributing and self-moderating, like discogs.com - where you get the users to add the content and correct it themselves, with experience points to work out who is most trustworthy. so once you've set it up it's hopefully only maintenance left.

Comment

Working...
            X