Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jazz, jazz-rock, funk, fusion, pop......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Si Cheeba
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Feb. 04 2004,12:00)]
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Feb. 04 2004,11:51)]30, maybe 40 of your British poonds.

The young chap in Intoxica told me I'd pay around £250 for an orig. and I wee'd meself laughing! They are so on another planet in there, it's funny!
    That's bizarre - sounds like the going rate for Bob Downes but I've never seen Affinity reach that price! (But let's wait...). How's Linda Hoyle's solo stuff (did Si play a 45 of hers at Brillo before)?

And I agree, Listen is very boring (even though it's a record shop&#33 but then, that's where I found my copy of 'Smike'...
    good memory Rich!

Yup I dropped Linda's version of Eli's Coming on 45. Nice uplifting jazz dance in a similar style to Sons and Daughters Of Lite, etc...

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Here is that deram Jazz Rock Experience.

Leave a comment:

• Benicio Del Toffo
    replied
    Blimey!

I've got a mate from Uni (now a sports journo in Ipswich) who's ginger and beardy and also called Gareth.

Add to that that the guy who runs the records stall on Doncaster market is ALSO ginger, beardy.....and called Gareth, and you start to think there's some scary cloning programme going on!

I'm reminded of some comedian's comment re: Robin Cook's beard - "If you're ginger, it's best not to grow any more hair than you actually need."

Benicio (naturally mousey, currently blond, couldn't grow a beard if you paid me)

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Was the young chap in intoxica beardy and gingere! Cos thats Gareth Cherrystones. Great guy. Knows his onions...

Leave a comment:

• handcorkscrew
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Feb. 04 2004,11:51)]The young chap in Intoxica told me I'd pay around £250 for an orig. and I wee'd meself laughing! They are so on another planet in there, it's funny!
    I don't know, I've caught some decent albums there mail order. Byron Morris & Unity - "blow thru your mind" original press for 30 bucks...

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Feb. 05 2004,10:31)]The Crossroads and the Safety Pins is doing it for me: corduroy flares and brown rice over distorted Hammond with floppy rock breaks!
    Shhh!!!

Leave a comment:

• La-Soul-Fiend
    replied
    Battered Ornaments came this morning!

Sheeeee-it!

It's so good I haven't even been able to turn to side 2 yet, just keep playing the first side!

Talk about stoner breakbeat lushness and sooooo British it's wicked!

Songs all about the Barons Court scene of the early seventies! I love this kind of stuff.

The Crossroads and the Safety Pins is doing it for me: corduroy flares and brown rice over distorted Hammond with floppy rock breaks!

Choice!!!

If anybody reading this digs the McDonald & Giles or say, Traffic, you'd love this!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 04 2004,12:24)]Thats electric city! 'Open music' came out on Philips. Are they the same record on different pressings?

God Im spazzed today.  
    No idea mate, but I normally refer to THAT one as 'Open Music' since it normally gets called 'Open Music/Electric City', whereas I'm guessing from a bit of swift googling that we should be calling the group Bob Downes Open Music and the record 'Electric City'. Like wot you sed.

There's also 'Diversions', 'Episodes At 4am' and 'Hells Angels' which I think Alan had, I stupidly didn't listen to (I couldn't afford them) and were then sold to someone who works for Gerald.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 04 2004,12:12)]Nice page on Alan Rushton here
    But it doesn't mention he was the drummer in the house band on 'Playaway'!

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Thats electric city! 'Open music' came out on Philips. Are they the same record on different pressings?

God Im spazzed today.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 04 2004,12:12)]Ive never seen an Bob Downes 'open music' in the flesh.
    You've charted it before?!?

(And I like thanks section on that page ).

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    You can pick up the paramount release of Affinity for about £10. I scored an og vertigo one sans cover for 10p at a booter. Noice.

Ive never seen an Bob Downes 'open music' in the flesh.

Nice page on Alan Rushton here

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (La-Soul-Fiend @ Feb. 04 2004,11:51)]30, maybe 40 of your British poonds.

The young chap in Intoxica told me I'd pay around £250 for an orig. and I wee'd meself laughing! They are so on another planet in there, it's funny!
    That's bizarre - sounds like the going rate for Bob Downes but I've never seen Affinity reach that price! (But let's wait...). How's Linda Hoyle's solo stuff (did Si play a 45 of hers at Brillo before)?

And I agree, Listen is very boring (even though it's a record shop&#33 but then, that's where I found my copy of 'Smike'...

Leave a comment:

• La-Soul-Fiend
    replied
    30, maybe 40 of your British poonds.

Aint nothing wrong with Akarma or re-issues when you gotta hear, feel and finally cop a record like this. i am happy with mine but still I would trip if I saw an OG.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    Listen is possibly the dullest record shop that i have ever been in. pleased to see it has been of some use though!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X