Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buck rogers and british jazz funk

Bear with me on this...

When I was a kid I saw an episode of Buck Rogers that featured a story involving the best band in the galaxy. During the episode a disco jazz funk track was played a number of times. At the time I thought this was a pretty cool track.

Few years later someone lent me an early 80s compilation called "Bitter Suite 2" that featured British jazz funk tunes. One of the tunes on this comp was the very same Buck Rogers tune.

Unfortunately, I did not write down the name of the tune/band or copy the comp.

Can someone help me? I would like to listen to this track again. The track could still be good or it may now sound very dated.

Cheers.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

sounds like this one:

Johnny Harris - Odyssey Pt 1/Odyssey Pt 2
    12" 1980
    TK Disco TDK 4216 / TK Disco TKO-4314 / Sunshine SSD 4216
    Produced by Johnny Harris and R. Finch

Tracks used in the science-fiction TV-series Buck Rogers in the 25th Century in the episode 'Space Rockers', first aired Feb. 21, 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Feb. 04 2004,11:25)]sounds like this one:

Johnny Harris - Odyssey Pt 1/Odyssey Pt 2
      12" 1980
      TK Disco TDK 4216 / TK Disco TKO-4314 / Sunshine SSD 4216
      Produced by Johnny Harris and R. Finch

Tracks used in the science-fiction TV-series Buck Rogers in the 25th Century in the episode 'Space Rockers', first aired Feb. 21, 1980.
      Yes, it is "Odyssey" (and it is on the "Bitter Suite" comp).

There's also a reissue / bootleg 12" of it around with something else on the other side (possibly Herman Kelly "Dance to the Drummer's Beat&quot.

Still sounds okay to me (although perhaps a slight tendency to rock out a bit too much for my girly tastes).
      Endless Tripe

Comment

Nice one guys.

I'll have to cop a listen. It's been over 15years since I last heard the record.

Comment

I remeber a seen where they dance with light tubes ?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]I remeber a seen where they dance with light tubes ?
            Yep thats the scene I remember. Nice to know they're getting down to Johnny Harris.

Comment

Checking out the turntable lab it seems the Buck Rogers Johnny Harris space funk disco tune can be found on Garage Classics #6 12".

Comment

This is not a hard record to find. It's a big disco classic, but it's £15 at most. Incidentally, Dean Rudland's OST are putting out a Zongamin re-edit of it sometime soon.
                http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Working...
                X