Kathleen emery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathleen emery

I was wondering if anyone has every seen this record up for sale? Every since I've bought the Jazzman release all those years ago I've been hunting down an original copy. Even the rareset of the rare funk 45s seem to be more common than this record. The only glimpse I've had of an original is a picture of the sleeve on the Jazzman postcard.
    records - one a week mixcloud
    records - one a week soundcloud

I'll take the jazzman off you! (I'm sure I need it).
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Comment

Woah.. I&#39;d like to feel, like, a motherless child.. and stuff. Huh ahuh huh he he..

Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Funny this gets brought-up on the board as a topic, Towny and I were driving to one of the most shite booters I&#39;ve ever been to in my life on Sunday and we touched on exactly the same topic...

So, has anyone ever seen this come up for sale? Whaddya know about Ms Emery...?

Ain&#39;t no , is it ? ? ?
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

At time&#39;s my brain gets a little muddled but I seem to remember an interview with Mr Jazzman G in which he stated that he played the song to a number of people -big time collectors - and no one knew it. Playing it out got such a good response he decided to launch it on the deeply unfashionable 7&quot; format. I believe he pressed only 500 copies.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Belson @ Feb. 05 2004,12:10)]

Isn&#39;t that Joan Collins?&#33;?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Where&#39;s that pic from, Greg. Do you have a copy too? Or maybe that&#39;s Mal&#39;s...
                http://wakeupanddie.com
                http://weirdgearnyc.com
                http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Lots of goodies

japanese club night for the seriously deep stuff.

anyone else coming down tonight? BK hookup?
                  http://www.blaxploitation.com
                  Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Didn&#39;t Boney M do a cover of that song?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] ]Didn&#39;t Boney M do a cover of that song?
                      Not heard the Boney M cover but I did hear a Tom Jones version in a pub and it sounded well similar (carbon-copy) to the Kathleen Emery version. On checking I found out it was from his &quot;Reload&quot; (I&#39;ve still got it kids) LP. It all made sense when I saw that the production was by Portishead.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]Not heard the Boney M cover but I did hear a Tom Jones version in a pub and it sounded well similar (carbon-copy) to the Kathleen Emery version. On checking I found out it was from his &quot;Reload&quot; (I&#39;ve still got it kids) LP. It all made sense when I saw that the production was by Portishead.
                        This will probably become a VV dig in about 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (left hand corner @ Feb. 05 2004,15:40)]On checking I found out it was from his &quot;Reload&quot; (I&#39;ve still got it kids) LP. It all made sense when I saw that the production was by Portishead
                          Still? Portishead?&#33;? This is all too much - now I need a lie down...
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

And Nick Ingman did the orchestral arrangements on it&#33;
                            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (theeman @ Feb. 05 2004,15:00)]Lots of goodies

japanese club night for the seriously deep stuff.

anyone else coming down tonight? BK hookup?
                              Could be upfor a BK- depending on timing. I hope to be in the area between 8 and 9 - so text me Ed - but note my new phone (lost the other in a drunken journey home :doh - as I&#39;ve lost your no. with it&#33;

07749 073165

Cheers &#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X