clockwork orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clockwork orange

hardly an obscure item - has any vulture got a clue about how much you should pay for a copy of this OST? there seems to be a few different pressings out there and would appreciate any comments on which ones to go for and which to avoid, how much etc. anyone got a clue?

It seems fairly common in secondhand shops for around the £7.99 - £9.99 mark - about the same for original issues as the recent repress, in fact. Seen it a lot lower, though: as little as £2 in MVE Notting Hill late last year, for a copy I'd have rated as VG+. Dunno if there's much variation on pressings, though - certainly haven't noticed any!! As you say, think it's a fairly common item, hence not particularly pricey...

Actually, I'm overestimating: there are a half-dozen copies on ebay right now (different issues - on Columbia, Deutsche Grammphon etc) & the highest is priced at &#369.99..

(Edited by wayne at 5:03 pm on Mar. 5, 2003)
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Nice artwork, cult piece, rumours of an orange pressing?
      seen 'em at booters plenty of times 50p-£1 tops
      She bent down & turned around and gave me a wink - She said I'm going to mix it right up here in the sink[br]http://www.fatsloperaction.com

Comment

thanks, both of you. i'll wait for the booters to start round here and grab one.

Comment

What about the CBS pressing which is the "original' score for CLOCKWORK ORANGE by Walter Carlos.
          Is that worth much?

D
          God bless Fatso.

Comment

was about to say - i think the reason i've never picked this up is because i think there are two versions - one of just the classical pieces used in the film, and one of the actual Walter Carlos score. i assume the Deutsche Grammophon one might be the former.

Comment

The CBS copy of the O.S.T has a blue label and dates from 72' ive also got the 'well tempered synthesiser'and 'Switched on Bach vol2' but not vol 1,
              to be honest they're a bit odd, all that farting about on a huge modular synth and not a funky beat in sight. just loads of 'interpretations'of classical stuff,the best bits are the sleeve notes on the backs,oh some nice front covers though!
              undefined "fook me, he looks like a vertically challenged Oompa Loompa!!"

Comment

Working...
              X