Anyone know?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know?...

I'm a new member, and have posted on Soulstrut for a bit (still dollarbin mind) and saw the introduction post there so thought I should introduce myself before makin more requests.

I'm yound and have not been diggin long at all really and am startin to produce my small collection is mainly of funk/jazz/hip hop and bits n pieces of rock and other stuff. I know I have a loada gaps so far, but like to buy some obscure stuff for sampling. A while ago a bought a self titled record by Shanghai and its £45 on recordkingz.com and has 2 slow-ish breaks on one track and other bits n pieces like strings and guitars. Not a great LP by any means, just wondering if anyone has any info on it... it was released in 1974 on Warner and I know Mick Green was in 'em. Anyone heard (of) this record and/or know if their second LP "Fallen Heroes" is any good?

Cheers, Rob
    I'm just an addict, addicted to music, maybe it's a habit, I gotta use it

Welcome aboard mate!

First piece of advice = don't buy anything off Recordkingz without doing any research!! Nowt against Julian, but he charges top whack (and tends to 'embellish' a little). Always ask on here, do a search on eBay, look on GEMM etc.

That Shanghai LP has some great breaks and loops, but you really shouldn't pay more than £20 for it, you'll be able to grab one in second-hand shops for a fiver if you're patient.

Seeing as no-one's ever mentioned their second LP, despite the first one being known as a source for breaks etc., my guess would be that it won't be worth your bother.

As you dig more and more, it'll all make sense and you'll start to develop some methods of cutting corners and avoid paying over-inflated prices.

I wish you luck young man.

Benicio
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Cheers for the advice, I didn't actually buy the LP off recordkingz though, I just found it there for £45 when I was tryin to find info on it, got it for about £10 I think so its all right.
      I'm just an addict, addicted to music, maybe it's a habit, I gotta use it

Comment

Welcome, young man, but i'd be grateful if you would not buy any more records until I've got the full set. Thanks.
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Hello & welcome sir.

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]That Shanghai LP has some great breaks and loops
          I speedily flicked past this very LP yesterday and didn't even give it a second glance - curses
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (RobSterling @ Feb. 05 2004,19:14)]I'm a new member, and have posted on Soulstrut for a bit (still dollarbin mind) and saw the introduction post there so thought I should introduce myself before makin more requests.

I'm yound and have not been diggin long at all really and am startin to produce my small collection is mainly of funk/jazz/hip hop and bits n pieces of rock and other stuff. I know I have a loada gaps so far, but like to buy some obscure stuff for sampling. A while ago a bought a self titled record by Shanghai and its £45 on recordkingz.com and has 2 slow-ish breaks on one track and other bits n pieces like strings and guitars. Not a great LP by any means, just wondering if anyone has any info on it... it was released in 1974 on Warner and I know Mick Green was in 'em. Anyone heard (of) this record and/or know if their second LP "Fallen Heroes" is any good?

Cheers, Rob
            Pete Kircher on drums

Comment

Working...
            X