Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to James/Willy Fogg there is a case closed on my ten year search for a sleeve for my copy of Scott 3!

Thanks a million dude!
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
      Just found an OG Les Stances de Sophie minus sleeve today
      Originally posted by DOKO*ENO View Post
      dom b-music trashed his vinyl of stances ... he might be happy to part with the untrashed sleeve.
      when you say OG, do you mean Nessa or EMI Pathe?

can't help either way, just being a geek.

Comment

just noticed my copy of JETHRO TULL's "stand up" is a pinl label island disc in a shitty barcoded reish sleeve! -- anyone got an OG sleeve going spare? ta.
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

rare sleeves wanted!!!

a couple of rare sleeves wanted please!!!!
          jimi hendrix experience "are you experienced" uk ex-m
          tudor lodge "same" uk vertigo vg-m
          thanks
          ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Anyone have a spare original copy of Chubby Checker Slow Twistin'(Belgium Pressing) Chubby Checker ST Ariola Label(Spain Pressing) Chubby Checker Chequered LP(London UK Pressing)
            Cover VG or better worn covers are ok,vinyl in playable condition,thanks.
            Last edited by vinylarchive; 29-01-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Anyone got a cleanish small faces- from the beginning first press on decca for me?

It's not a massive priority cos it's for an upgrade- got a nice 'Ex' vinyl with a totally knackered sleeve with a tear on it...just thought I'd chuck that out there
              "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Originally posted by wayne View Post
                Still seeking these three sleeves...

Gabor Szabo: Jazz Raga (UK Columbia issue ideally)
                The Purple Gang - Strikes (Transatlantic)
                Need a sleeve for Dizzy Gillespie's 'Portrait Of Jenny' on Perception as well...

...and picked up an empty but ex condition Czerwone Gitary 1st LP (Pronit) sleeve the other week if anyone needs it.
                Last edited by wayne; 02-04-2009, 04:02 PM.
                a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Here's a shout out for a 'mr fox' sleeve on transatlantic- the silvery, self titled one

I've got a minty copy of the lp, with nothing to keep it in- so even a totally trashed copy- with the sleeve, would be great

Maybe transatlantic sent out sleeveless copies as promos or something? Seems to be a relatively high number of their records on this thread!

Comment

An original UK mono (SX 6306) S.F Sorrow gatefold sleeve to accompany a recently acquired mono copy of The Pretty Things masterpiece would be superb - however, if anyone has a Stereo copy that would be better than the die-cut card sleeve the record is currently residing in.

Comment

(In the right thread this time...)

Sleeve for Fairport Convention's Unhalfbricking, and the record for the What We Did in Our Holidays LP.
                      "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

i have here a spare pic sleeve of bintangs "see me waiting" on dutch CNR, if anyone needs it, give a shout.

on the other hand, i'm looking for a GO records company sleeve .....anyone?

cheers
                        what for?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
                          Here's a shout out for a 'mr fox' sleeve on transatlantic- the silvery, self titled one

I've got a minty copy of the lp, with nothing to keep it in- so even a totally trashed copy- with the sleeve, would be great

Maybe transatlantic sent out sleeveless copies as promos or something? Seems to be a relatively high number of their records on this thread!
                          Funny you say that - if there is one label that constantly throws up copes of records without sleeves, and generally with the names of the artists/title/cat.no on the inner then it's Transatlantic/Xtra albums.

I hear that Decca used to do the same thing with their EPs - in fact, I've seen a whole batch of Decca-pressed EPs in plain brown die-cut sleeves, and I believe they were obtained from a reviewer.

Comment

My Mr Fox lp came in an oversized brown envelope with 'Mr Fox lp- 2 copies' written on it and crossed out...definitely gives me the vibe of a review or test pressing thing- which is nice, but I wish they'd either stuck a 'demo' on the label to vindicate that, or stuck proof sleeves on the promos or something!- it's a lovely copy as well...

If it's a label thing...maybe someone out there needs a 'little free rock' sleeve? I've given up trying to unwarp my copy, and even if I did, it's a vg- at best...

Comment

Just found my copy of Sinatra's Songs For Swinging Lovers part 2 7" EP is smashed. So the sleeves going begging.
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

quintessence

quintessence - in blissfull company, pink island foc cover...

anyone?
                                Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

Working...
                                X