X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admcc77
    replied
    Im looking for a cover for the Pony Poindexter LP “Gumbo” on Prestige, if anyone has a beat up copy with a reasonable condition cover.... Trades waiting

Leave a comment:

• Cacapo
    replied
    they say its because it alters the shown median sold price
    I couldn't find any statement from discogs, but you will find users wandering into the forum asking about it every few days. It's weird that you get a "no sleeve" option but not a "no vinyl" option when selling.

Leave a comment:

• bongolia
    replied
    they need to add a "no media" option to the drop down, and make "no cover/generic sleeve" and "no media" mutually exclusive selections in collections and sales listings. Then they need to exclude the "no media" prices from the stats. but that might not be easy depending on how they're written things...

would be great if they could though, I expect everyone has a bunch of sleeveless records and/or empty sleeves.

a few of mine I can think of...

unlikely want:
    MC5 - Kick Out The James (UK Elektra)

maybe more likely budget label want:
    Jimi Hendrix/Curtis Knight - The Eternal Fire of Jimi Hendrix (Hallmark)

got:
    The Lonesome Travellers - The Lost Children (Nebula)

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    I dare say if you wanted to get around it you could. Say the record is in "Poor condition" and offer to "throw it away" before sending the sleeve to save on shipping ...

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    they say its because it alters the shown median sold price

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
    Discogs has doubled down on selling recordless records. Which is a bit of a downer because it used to be easy to get sleeves for singles especially.
    I don't understand that- surely they realise there are plenty of people looking for the right sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• Cacapo
    replied
    Discogs has doubled down on selling recordless records. Which is a bit of a downer because it used to be easy to get sleeves for singles especially.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    I doubt it, but there's always unrealistic hope, isn't there?

Leave a comment:

• The Divine One
    replied
    Originally posted by Milesago View Post
    Rub the edge of the sleeve across your thigh, semi vigorously. The seam will open. Practice with crappier records.
    Also, practise with crappier trousers - corduroy is not good, neither is velour. A heavyweight denim should suffice.

Out of interest, of the 21 pages on this thread - has even a single record been matched with a sleeve?

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Heat & friction. Rub the edge of the sleeve across your thigh, semi vigorously. The seam will open. Practice with crappier records (e.g. jazz) before attempting something serious, like an original sealed psych prog monster.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    It really is almost more damaging to try and get the shrink off than if there was none at all. I usually put the LP on a flat surface and stretch the shrink in different directions with both hands until it splits (the shrink, not the flat surface) ...

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    If you *know* how to open shrink wrap, then at least do the decent thing and tell the rest of us how to get in there ...
    It's not easy. Sometimes it's so tight there's nowhere to slide the knife in. When I were a lad nothing was shrink-wrapped. I'm not sure when it started over here but I don't recall stuff being shrink-wrapped in the 90s.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    If you *know* how to open shrink wrap, then at least do the decent thing and tell the rest of us how to get in there ...

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    Why don't people put their LPs back in the sleeves!!?!?!
    At least they did take them out. These days most don't even have the shrink wrap opened.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    A shot in the dark but if anyone has a spare Bitches Brew record 1, any pressing obviously, I'd be very grateful. I have the sleeve & record 2. Why don't people put their LPs back in the sleeves!!?!?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X