Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conroy music libraries

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you are familar with Conroy's "Eurobeat" series. I have one and its dull orchestral poop. Are there any others worth hunting down?

David
    God bless Fatso.

Yeah these are very very hit and miss. I went through a pile of them once and didn't pull out any (due to the £10 a pop price). But there was some goodness in there. I'm not sure I have any cat's of the ones to check. I do believe they are all reissues of Italian libraries. Or something to that effect.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Conroy Eurobeat 9

I'm looking for the Conroy Eurobeat 9 album (library music) - is anybody out there able to help? Do you have a copy of this album or do you know where I can obtain the album?? Any help will be appreciated! You may also send your e-mails directly to me as I need to log off soon. Many Thanks!

Comment

Hit and Miss

I concur with Serm's .. very hit and miss - I've a couple of decent ones - check out the library section of the main V.V site.

Definitely get a listen before you buy...

(... to be updated on 1st May - at last! you cry ...)
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Sorry - you are just talking about the Eurobeat series... doh!

I'll edit the original post at the top to remove the html squiggle and make the title clearer...
          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
            I do believe they are all reissues of Italian libraries. Or something to that effect.
            They're rehashed stuff from whatever publisher Irving Wilson had lying around, so pretty much anything can turn up - there are a few recycled Italian soundtracks in the catalogue, including the OST for 'Un Pistolo Della Ave Maria' by Franco Miccalizzi, which, suitably retitled, became a much used LP of Western music, which is still heard on TV programmes to this day.

Only got two of them meself - I'll check to see if one of them is no.9, and if it is, I'll report back.

Comment

Conroy Eurobeat 9

Thanks - I do hope that you find Eurobeat 9 - it has a track entitled "Secret" on it. Look forward to hearing from you. If you wish, you may e-mail me direct.

Regards,

Jonathan.

Comment

D'oh, got really excited then, but it's Eurobeat 1 I have.
                oddball - odd-ball n. informal. A person regarded as eccentric

Comment

The n°5 (dramatic backgrounds) is really good. Dope funk psych !

Comment

Originally posted by misterboogaloo
                    The n°5 (dramatic backgrounds) is really good. Dope funk psych !

Sermad, I think this is the Conroy issue of the Echoing America on Sermi as included on one of your 'Psych micks'. I don't have a track issue of either at the moment so do not know if they differ, though I hope to get hold of the Conroy soon - I can only dream of finding the Sermi issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan
                      I'm looking for the Conroy Eurobeat 9 album (library music) - is anybody out there able to help? Do you have a copy of this album or do you know where I can obtain the album?? Any help will be appreciated! You may also send your e-mails directly to me as I need to log off soon. Many Thanks!
                      We have this Library... That 'Secret' track is a peach!

Comment

Originally posted by veris
                        Sermad, I think this is the Conroy issue of the Echoing America on Sermi as included on one of your 'Psych micks'. I don't have a track issue of either at the moment so do not know if they differ, though I hope to get hold of the Conroy soon - I can only dream of finding the Sermi issue.
                        You know I just realised this last night and you beat me to the punch! Im 99% sure this is a repress of the 'Echoing America' library that is on SR.

One of my best records
                        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Conroy Eurobeat 9

Originally posted by pastafrolla
                          We have this Library... That 'Secret' track is a peach!
                          You mean all the albums in the Conroy Eurobeat series?? Do please tell me more - I have no idea how many albums there were altogether in the Eurobeat series. Yeah, 'Secret' (composed by Scuderi?) is a groovy track - been battling to track that down for ages - I'm only looking for album no. 9 which features 'Secret', but then if you have the full Eurobeat library, I guess you wouldn't want to sell any of them??

Comment

As far as I know there are 11 Conroy LPs, as I am yet to see a higher cat number. And I do not have Number 7 or 9. Bugger. But, they are, as already stated a right mixture of recordings all from Italy. Most recordings were licensed from SR (Alessandroni's Sermi library label) - and I believe it goes something like this.

1 - Silly Synthesisers Etc - silly moogy things.
                            2 - Ethnic Songs And Dances - Nascimbene / F. De Masi - a repress of the legendary SR documentary score "India", Superb.
                            3 - Modern Baroque - repress of the SR classical baroque LP by Alessandroni - contains two awesome beatless numbers. well I like them.
                            4 - Romantic Backgrounds - Repress of rare SR LP - all Cantori Modern recordings by Alessandroni / Micalizzi etc. Killer wordless vocal stuff. Well I like it.
                            5 - Dramatic Backgrounds - Partial repress of Echoeing America, mixed up with some other mysterious recordings including one track from the Gemelli LP Insight Modulations by Nicolai.
                            6 - Solo Instruments - UK press F De gemini's solo electric harmonica Lp issued originally as Beat 4 I think.
                            7 - I know nothing
                            8 - Classical View - Includes Nicolai. I do not know the original of this LP. Possibly a Gemelli LP again.
                            9 - I know nothing
                            10 - World At work - Awesome De Fillipi repress - SR
                            11 - Colla Voce - Another amazing Allessandroni wordless vocal thing, more than likely from another very obscure SR.
                            I'll shut up now.
                            Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Trunk
                              As far as I know there are 11 Conroy LPs, as I am yet to see a higher cat number. And I do not have Number 7 or 9. Bugger. But, they are, as already stated a right mixture of recordings all from Italy. Most recordings were licensed from SR (Alessandroni's Sermi library label) - and I believe it goes something like this.

1 - Silly Synthesisers Etc - silly moogy things.
                              2 - Ethnic Songs And Dances - Nascimbene / F. De Masi - a repress of the legendary SR documentary score "India", Superb.
                              3 - Modern Baroque - repress of the SR classical baroque LP by Alessandroni - contains two awesome beatless numbers. well I like them.
                              4 - Romantic Backgrounds - Repress of rare SR LP - all Cantori Modern recordings by Alessandroni / Micalizzi etc. Killer wordless vocal stuff. Well I like it.
                              5 - Dramatic Backgrounds - Partial repress of Echoeing America, mixed up with some other mysterious recordings including one track from the Gemelli LP Insight Modulations by Nicolai.
                              6 - Solo Instruments - UK press F De gemini's solo electric harmonica Lp issued originally as Beat 4 I think.
                              7 - I know nothing
                              8 - Classical View - Includes Nicolai. I do not know the original of this LP. Possibly a Gemelli LP again.
                              9 - I know nothing
                              10 - World At work - Awesome De Fillipi repress - SR
                              11 - Colla Voce - Another amazing Allessandroni wordless vocal thing, more than likely from another very obscure SR.
                              I'll shut up now.

Thanks for all that valuable info. Where did you manage to find them & was this long ago?? During my constant searches for Eurobeat 9, I haven't even stumbled upon any of the others let alone the elusive no. 9! Are you still looking for the two missing albums to complete your collection then??

Comment

Working...
                              X