No announcement yet.

Conroy music libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought my first Eurobeat in about 1991 at a film fayre in Westminster - this used to be where old film music collectors got rid of shit records for next to nothing. Since then I have found various bits and bobs in all manor of places, about one LP a year - they are quite rare like much of the Conroy catalogue. Having now said that I have found three copies of Colla Voce over the years. Prices fluctuate too, like most library records. I had to pay 30 quid for World at Work in November last year, but I have never seen it for sale and lunged at it. Dramatic Backs I've seen go for close to a ton in the past - same for some of the scatty vocal ones. This is still cheaper than some original SRs. But you might get lucky and find a complete run or something for nothing. Just keep looking and they will all turn up. As for the missing ones for me, well another couple of years and they may both come to me.
    Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Trunk
      Bought my first Eurobeat in about 1991 at a film fayre in Westminster - this used to be where old film music collectors got rid of shit records for next to nothing. Since then I have found various bits and bobs in all manor of places, about one LP a year - they are quite rare like much of the Conroy catalogue. Having now said that I have found three copies of Colla Voce over the years. Prices fluctuate too, like most library records. I had to pay 30 quid for World at Work in November last year, but I have never seen it for sale and lunged at it. Dramatic Backs I've seen go for close to a ton in the past - same for some of the scatty vocal ones. This is still cheaper than some original SRs. But you might get lucky and find a complete run or something for nothing. Just keep looking and they will all turn up. As for the missing ones for me, well another couple of years and they may both come to me.
      Thanks - but where all should I keep a lookout??

Comment

Bought my first Eurobeat in about 1991 at a film fayre in Westminster - this used to be where old film music collectors got rid of their old records for next to nothing. Since then I have found various bits and bobs in all manor of places, about one LP a year - they are quite rare like much of the Conroy catalogue. Having now said that I have found three copies of Colla Voce over the years in different parts of the country. Prices fluctuate wildly too, like most library records. I had to pay 30 quid for World at Work in November last year, but I have never seen it for sale and lunged at it. Dramatic Backs I've seen go for close to a ton in the past - same for some of the scatty vocal ones. This is still cheaper than some original SRs. But you might get lucky and find a complete run for next nothing - stranmger things have happened. Just keep looking and they will all turn up. As for the missing ones for me, well another couple of years and they may both come my way.
        Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Comment

Conroy Eurobeat 9

Originally posted by pastafrolla
          We have this Library... That 'Secret' track is a peach!

I'm still waiting for a reply from you. Please let me know if you are willing to sell or trade the album?? Please let me know.
          Thanks!

Comment

Ive picked up a few eurobeats in haggle over the years. Think I even left the modern baroque one in there! Was £8 at the time
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I think I bought that very copy of Modern Baroque from Haggle via mail order - at least you know it's gone to a good home, Sermad! And I didn't have to deal with Mr Haggle personally, which from what I've heard may be a good thing........

EURO 7 is the Franco Miccalizzi Western one - I think it's called 'Western Music/Two Guitars' but I'm not 100% sure. There's a copy in On The Beat in Oxford Street if anyone wants to check - I'd buy it meself, but it's £20 and I'm a skinflint.

Comment

Working...
              X