This is incredible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is incredible!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2592781288&cat egory=43697&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&r d=1

or this

Comment

I bought a dutch comp for the Revells version of 'Indian Ropeman' last year and the only other guy to bid had about 40 pages of feedback, every single one for cheesecake covers. (Well, all of them as far as I checked out   ).
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (dimondt @ Feb. 09 2004,16:09)]or this
        Well, given what Mark Res had this up for last year, it represents a bloody bargain
        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Funky Tee @ Feb. 09 2004,15:20)]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2592781288&cat egory=43697&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&r d=1
          I think David Byron is on that one so it's probably Uriah Heep fans battling it out. I maybe wrong though. Lord Thames is obviously the man with the knowledge on this kind of stuff.

Comment

Is that the not-rare-at-all Ivor Raymonde one? Weird how the description doesn't actually say what the tracks are or who they're by... I'm talking about the Coke one obviously! That other ebay item I presume has something tasty I don't know about ey?
            http://wakeupanddie.com
            http://weirdgearnyc.com
            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Feb. 09 2004,17:29)]Is that the not-rare-at-all Ivor Raymonde one? Weird how the description doesn't actually say what the tracks are or who they're by... I'm talking about the Coke one obviously! That other ebay item I presume has something tasty I don't know about ey?
              or show the picture sleeve

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Feb. 09 2004,16:30)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (dimondt @ Feb. 09 2004,16:09)]or this
                Well, given what Mark Res had this up for last year, it represents a bloody bargain
                Someone pointed out when coulditbehawkshawTM won this 45 on the bay for a few quid a couple of months back - I seem to remember joking that we'd see it up again for £50 in a few weeks.. well I wasn't far off! Now I can understand someone maybe paying £20 or £30 for this if they like it so much, but will anyone actually throw down 75 nuggets straight off the bat for this? Not fresh for '04, you suckers!

How much was Mark's copy up for then?
                Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I was totally gobsmacked when I saw this - I must be sitting on a fortune!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....IT&rd=1

Why don't these people just buy jazzmags?
                  There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

£205?! Ye Gods! If I sold all my covers LPs for that much I'd never have to work again!

What's more annoying is, I don't have either of those! (I've got the EP version of the Avenue one, which is some consolation)

I don't know whether David Byron appears on the Avenue LP - I'm still looking for some cheap Heep so I can find out what he sounds like. It'd come in useful if I knew, as I'm trying to identify as many of the singers involved in these LPs as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Feb. 09 2004,21:46)]£205?! Ye Gods! If I sold all my covers LPs for that much I'd never have to work again!

What's more annoying is, I don't have either of those! (I've got the EP version of the Avenue one, which is some consolation)

I don't know whether David Byron appears on the Avenue LP - I'm still looking for some cheap Heep so I can find out what he sounds like. It'd come in useful if I knew, as I'm trying to identify as many of the singers involved in these LPs as possible.
                      I wouldn't suprise me if he was on a few of them, as he did a large amount of session work prior to the Uriah Heep - John Schroeder used him a fair bit - I've also been suprised that I've never seen much of this sort of stuff being sold with (Little) Jimmy Page's name attached. He was another busy bear on the session scene....
                      Matt Hero

Comment

Yes, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jimmy Page popped up on one of these things - Big Jim Sullivan played on a few 'Hot Hits' LPs, so anything's possible!

Little known fact I found out recently - the man who played drums on the Top 6 'Beatlemania' LP was Jimmy Nicol, who later went on to play with the real Beatles on tour when Ringo was ill!  And Johnny Harris was the MD on that LP too.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Feb. 10 2004,00:20)]I wouldn't suprise me if he was on a few of them, as he did a large amount of session work prior to the Uriah Heep - John Schroeder used him a fair bit - I've also been suprised that I've never seen much of this sort of stuff being sold with (Little) Jimmy Page's name attached. He was another busy bear on the session scene....
                          John Paul Jones too. He certainly did stuff with Alan Tew and Reg Guest.

Have you seen this, Lord Thames?

Comment

nice little summary of Jimmy Nicol that mentions the Beatlemania record here
                            http://www.blaxploitation.com
                            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Feb. 10 2004,10:15)]Have you seen this, Lord Thames?
                              Blimey - thanks for that, that's incredibly useful!

The David Byron version of 'He Ain't Heavy....' was also arranged by Cy Payne and featured Herbie Flowers on bass, so it was a bit of a star-studded session. And it was used on the test card as well....

Does anyone here know the Chappell track 'Rolling Bones' by Cliff Johns? (It was on the fourth Blow Up Exclusive Blend comp) - I'm sure it's John Paul Jones playing bass on that. If Jimmy Page is one of the guitarists (and it's quite possible he was), you've got half of Led Zeppelin doing library music!

Comment

Working...
                              X