Crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisps

In an attempt to plug the brief hiatus in chat, and to for a moment perhaps divert our collective focus away from those more traditional issues of headphones, cheeky bootlegs and Rich's beard, I have a crisp-related quandary:

I've heard talk recently of Roast Beef flavour Monster Munch, one of my all-time favourite childhood eats, having been 'reissued' recently, but I've not seen head or tail of 'em.
    Where can I find these elusive potato snacks? And what's your chip of choice?
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Try here....
    Matt Hero

Comment

I don't like crisps because bits get stuck in my teeth... I had to invent a flavourless gum to use after eating such teeth sticking food products, as a discreet way of cleaning the palette of unwelcome flavours and particles of food. Now Orbit have nicked my idea and they owe me a million pounds.

As for favourite brands, how about Benson's. Your traditional council crisps! And that website is fucking scary Matt
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Feb. 11 2004,13:13)]As for favourite brands, how about Benson's. Your traditional council crisps!
        A big shout out to 'Seabrook' - the pub brand of choice 'round here. *Evil* salt and vinegar flavour in particular, good for soaking up lager.

I've recently rediscovered the Brannigans 'Roast Beef & Mustard' flavour, I had forgotten just how addictive they could be.

So, can anyone still get Burtons 'Fish & Chips' ?

I celebrated passing my driving test many years ago by eating 5 bags of those and making myself sick. This failed to make up for the fact that my 6th form had been evacuated due to a bomb threat and I had nobody to show off too upon my return.

Indeed I walked back into the place where I was supposed to be in class and there was nobody there. I walked around the buildings for 10 minutes trying to find *anyone*, but the place was very spookily deserted. I was then I bumped into a bomb disposal officer who informed me of the situation, chased me out of the building and wasn't the slightest bit impressed about my test pass.

Still hurts y'know, still hurts....
        Matt Hero

Comment

isn't all chewing gum flavourless after about a minute? pointless stuff...

Comment

Ones I don't see much any more are Tangy Toms and Wheeliez... and let's not forget Puffs!
            Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]I've recently rediscovered the Brannigans 'Roast Beef & Mustard' flavour, I had forgotten just how addictive they could be.
              For some reason these tend to make me feel asthmatic.

Kettle Chips Salsa and Mesquite are to crisps what Bernard Purdie is to the Drums!
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] ]Ones I don't see much any more are Tangy Toms and Wheeliez... and let's not forget Puffs!
                or Tomato sauce flavoured Snap - the one's with the cartoon dragon on them...proper old school.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Feb. 11 2004,13:27)]isn't all chewing gum flavourless after about a minute? pointless stuff...
                  i use sellotape

Beef Puffs that was a lot of crisp for 2p

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Feb. 11 2004,13:36)]Kettle Chips Salsa and Mesquite are to crisps what Bernard Purdie is to the Drums!
                    I'll second that one, and add the OG 'New York Chedder'. Although Kettle Chips do make my teeth and jaws heart after a while. Not an easy eat.

Ooh, M&S 'Salt & Black Pepper' too, they make the Walkers 'Sensations' version seem decidely 2nd division.
                    Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Feb. 11 2004,13:08)]Try here....
                      Thanks Matt - I found a confirmed sighting on there, but no info as to where I can score a pack. I've also realised that they won't be at all like the same sensation, as I forgot that when Walkers bought up Smiths they made possibly the most heinous act in all crisp history, making all Monster Munch varieties (and just think about this concept for a second) bite-size.

Interestingly, apparently there has also been a limited edition 'Vanilla Ice Cream' flavour! Sounds delicious don't it?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Feb. 11 2004,13:45)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Feb. 11 2004,13:36)]Kettle Chips Salsa and Mesquite are to crisps what Bernard Purdie is to the Drums!
                        I'll second that one
                        I'll third.. especially after several and realising that you're actually quite hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (vibra @ Feb. 11 2004,13:45)]I've also realised that they won't be at all like the same sensation, as I forgot that when Walkers bought up Smiths they made possibly the most heinous act in all crisp history, making all Monster Munch varieties (and just think about this concept for a second) bite-size.
                          Does this mean that they are now too small to be used as an alternative 'bling' set of finger rings ? Dammit.

'Bite Size' ? I've found that pretty much *any* size of food can be reasonbly refered to as such if you try hard enough. Even rats if you've ever seen 'V'.
                          Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (vibra @ Feb. 11 2004,13:45)]the most heinous act in all crisp history, making all Monster Munch varieties (and just think about this concept for a second) bite-size.
                            Man, that's like so fucked up! They should've made them even bigger - beyond bite sized! Like the giant Smarties. Dude, you should totally fuck them up for that. And what's up with Special K turning into these shapeless concrete lumps - the opposite of the delicate little shells they used to be?

When can we talk about records again?
                            http://wakeupanddie.com
                            http://weirdgearnyc.com
                            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Feb. 10 2004,14:38)]
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] ]Ones I don't see much any more are Tangy Toms and Wheeliez... and let's not forget Puffs!
                              or Tomato sauce flavoured Snap - the one's with the cartoon dragon on them...proper old school.
                              Funnily enough, my girlfriend was involved in a late 80s re-design of the Snaps dragon while working at and ad-agency...I believe he had a baseball cap & skateboard added, fulfilling that Simpsons cliche ('making him 10% more rasta...&#39

For me, the guilty pleasure has to be Pickled Onion flavour monster munch. Preferably crushed in a white sliced bread sandwich...

And KP Discos. Any flavour. It's the way they melt that did it...
                              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Working...
                              X