Boogie down brass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boogie down brass?

Any boogie on this this BDB? Good/Bad/Ugly?

Its not on the site.

BDB
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

It&#39;s the one with &#39;Tequila&#39; on it - there&#39;s nothing really heavy on it, but there&#39;s some good tracks, actually, and it&#39;s all instrumental (unlike most of the BDB&#39;s LPs on Fontana), which is a definite plus point.

Comment

At a record fair on Saturday I passed on a copy of Firedog, and am now wishing I hadn&#39;t...

Any info on this one? Good, bad etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....ry=1584
      There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Mr Divine @ Feb. 12 2004,12:17)]At a record fair on Saturday I passed on a copy of Firedog, and am now wishing I hadn&#39;t...

Any info on this one? Good, bad etc.
        Ooh&#33; Ooh&#33; It&#39;s got another version of &#39;Quiller&#39; on&#33; I shall start a-huntin&#39; - this alone must make it worth hearing.
        The Pop Music Library

Comment

Its on the vv site in Lords of Lounge 1. I havent got it but I&#39;m pretty sure Ive seen it around £15 mark at fairs before. I remember when Funk In Hell was going for mad mad mad money&#33; I found maybe 3 copies and all stuck them on ebay. If it wasn&#39;t for the god awful singing it would be a cracking lp.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Tommo of Sprowston @ Feb. 12 2004,12:47)]Ooh&#33; Ooh&#33; It&#39;s got another version of &#39;Quiller&#39; on&#33; I shall start a-huntin&#39; - this alone must make it worth hearing.
            I don&#39;t think the &#39;Quiller&#39; is as good as the Quiller version. But &#39;Firedog&#39; itself is a great tune and as a whole it&#39;s a solid set, in my opinion. (And there&#39;s no singing ).
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

And well worth more than £2.50 Dr. K.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

There&#39;s nothing wrong with a cheeky bid.
                I&#39;ve got myself a copy now ... £8 from a proper shop where the owner steadfastly refuses to put stuff on the internet and his assistant decribed BDB as &quot;The Michael Winner Sound&quot;. Well worth a visit if you&#39;re ever in Colne, Lancs.
                It ain&#39;t shakey

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 11 2004,19:16)]Any boogie on this this BDB? Good/Bad/Ugly?

Its not on the site.

BDB
                  Sermad, I&#39;ve got this one. Nothing spesh. Its got one of the hammond heroes credited on it, (possibly H. Stoneham). There&#39;s one pretty good easy-type track on it (the title of which involves the word &quot;nutmeg&quot;, as i recall). But nothing remotely funky.

Sorry this is so vague - i haven&#39;t looked at it for donkeys&#39;.
                  Endless Tripe

Comment

Working...
                  X