Rob's records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob's records

This is fantastic! For those of you who've yet to have the pleasure, click on the link for a virtual tour...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/notting....s.shtml

Mark my words, when Sheffield finally takes back Robin Hood, we'll still have this place...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

I remember going to Robs and wondering if I needed a tetanus booster while I was there!

It was utterly utterly rank. I would love to sort it out for him! There's probably twenty moody's in there.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Serms,

Many have offered to sort it out for him, or help him to sort it out, or just offered advice as to how he might utilise the space a bit better. But, as the article says, he&#39;s past the point of no return now. He&#39;s too tight-fisted to risk closing for a couple of weeks to sort it, he wouldn&#39;t pay for a skip and he certainly wouldn&#39;t throw out all those empty cardboard boxes, empty sleeves, snapped/warped/scratched/filthy records/CDs.

It truly is Mr Trebus style in there now. On Thursday, it stank of cat piss, I&#39;m assuming he&#39;s acquired a cat to control the inevitable rat infestation.

When I was in there a couple of weeks ago, Bones was in too (he of Big Daddy magazine) and was filming Rob and the shop as some sort of potential &#39;Rough Guide to Nottingham&#39; which is going to be touted round to TV channels as a pilot for a potential series. Wonder if Rob&#39;s telegenic? Also wondering if they&#39;ll show any of the usual Friday night brawls around the Market Square in the interests of balanced reportage?&#33; Verily, tis a violent city.

But, we&#39;ve all often wondered how many utter gems Rob has just buried with piles of shite. Of course there&#39;ll be Moodys in there, and countless libraries, Hanged Man, Soft Rock, Ray Davies, Harry Roche etc etc. He should just rent an empty property for a month (there&#39;s plenty of &#39;em), use it for storage and pay a couple of regulars to just move 50% of his stuff over there, sort it into what&#39;s sellable and what&#39;s shite and then use the breathing space to organise his shop a little.

But he won&#39;t listen. Ever.  

It&#39;s torture looking at the piles and wishing he&#39;d just let you rummage through, but it&#39;s also quite endearing that a lot of the goodies will stay buried til he retires and even then, he&#39;ll probably just leave them all there to rot&#33;

Who&#39;s up for breaking and entering? Or is that a job for:

??

Benicio
      Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
      X