No announcement yet.

The london moods orchestra (again....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The london moods orchestra (again....)

Sorry to bring up this old subject again, but while doing a bit of charity shopping today, I managed (at last) to find the Double Gold 'Lush Sounds Of The London Moods Orchestra' 2-LP set - and very fine it is too.

But what no-one seems to have noticed is that most of the tracks on the second LP are actually by Pete Moore, filched from his 'Exciting Sounds Of Tomorrow' LP.

Now, Vulture wisdom has it that the LMO are the work of John Fiddy - but now I'm not so sure. The Polydor LP 'Thames' is by him, but what about this one?

I think the LMO is just a generic pseudonym used by Enterprise to cover up any old bought-in stuff, rather than being just the work of one man.

The original tracks are credited to D Mcguinness and K Richmond - who they?

Can anyone shed a bit more light on this?

No but a couple of the tracks turn up on a Polymax sampler I have (again with no credits etc)
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I have the 1970 LP 'Omnibus' by LMO on Enterprise, which mentions Mr Fiddy extensively in the credits and sleevenotes - it even has a picture of him..
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Hmmm - interesting!

But are any of the tracks on 'Lush' by Fiddy, I wonder? It seems to be a bit of a musical grab-bag as far as I can tell - the whole of LP 1 seems to be by the same band, but LP 2's got a number of different-sounding groups on there: the Pete Moore tracks, some German-sounding big-band stuff and the version of 'Come Together' which seems to be someone else again! Well, I'm confused, anyway!

Which Polymax LP has the LMO tracks on it, LDJB?

Comment

It called Sugar Sugar are the Hits - beyond that there's absolutely no info on the sleeve or the label (apart from track titles).
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

well, i've been a right not noticing that before...but the plot thickens...

the very tasty take on the good the bad and the ugly, to be found on the LMO movie themes LP is actually by alan parker from his guitar fantasy album...

i cant make sense of all that now...they must have just bought up tracks wholesale and got mr fiddy in for some other stuff and banged it all out as LMO...those were the days!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ Feb. 17 2004,11:43)]well, i've been a right    not noticing that before...but the plot thickens...

the very tasty take on the good the bad and the ugly, to be found on the LMO movie themes LP is actually by alan parker from his guitar fantasy album...

i cant make sense of all that now...they must have just bought up tracks wholesale and got mr fiddy in for some other stuff and banged it all out as LMO...those were the days!
              Double !!! Never noticed that either Chris...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (chrisvulture @ Feb. 17 2004,11:43)]they must have just bought up tracks wholesale and got mr fiddy in for some other stuff and banged it all out as LMO...those were the days!
                That's pretty much how Enterprise and all these other budget labels worked!

Interesting that Alan Parker was behind 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' - that means KPM must have been in on the act as well!

What is clear is that the Polydor 'Thames' LP is by John Fiddy, likewise the Enterprise 'Omnibus' LP, but as for the rest....?

I think some of the LMO's output may have turned up on BBC Radioplay too - their version of 'Greensleeves' was sometimes used as interval music on BBC TV, so I'll ask around.

Comment

Just checked 'The Good' The Bad And The Ugly' for myself on the weekend and noticed the London Moods Michel Legrand LP advertised on the back of the themes one - anyone seen/heard this?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

london moods

so what can anybody tell me bout london moods thames lp, it has some swingin moments, but is pretty turgid in general, does anyone care about this lp?

cheerso, gladdy

Comment

Well, since I started this thread I've managed to get hold of the Thames LP myself. A few nice moments, including a blatant lift of the drum and bass break from the Liver Birds theme tune! It's probably not for everyone, but I really like the mix of traditional English tunes, semi-classical arrangements and a rhythm section including Herbie Flowers on bass.

That's my 2p's worth anyway!

Comment

Not much help but the London Moods lp, Happy Days on Enterprise has no credits but does say "this record is dedicated to all good music lovers".

Comment

Working...
                        X