Weekend finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend finds

Somehow managed to get out after a monstrous night on the old (Can we have a stolichnya botta icon please...)

Got :-

Klute OST - Came in the post. Cost me an absolute arm and a leg but its worth it.

Tom Jones Story - Alan Caddy - Typical tj covers! Not the best.

Vaciones en Mallorca - Bizarre tourist board thing of Mallorca! Some really cool freakbeaty esque stuff on here!

Ibizia y Mallorca '77 - More spanish antics here. Oh dear. They've ditched the chic and replaced it with eurovision disco! Hilarious and I mean hilarious cover of 'Daddy Cool'....I'll play this to the disco collectors at the next brillo.

Birds 'n Brass are back - COME ON! So chuffed to find this.

Sun Seeker - Really not the best of libraries. Plugs a gap tho.

Bosworth 138 - Lots of shuffly waltz and jazz with some. Sounds a lot like Terry and June! (Remember that&#33.

Off we go - Never seen these show business libraries before. Its linked to Berry in the uk. Anyway 'That Funky Feeling' is fairly cheesy big band funk. Not bad. Worth the quid I paid for it!

Music to varnish owls by - Top drawer stuff on this programme lib. 'Fillet of soul' is great. Might be a double.

Young days of love - On blossom. I always pick these up because its such a rare label - they sometimes are a bit scatty so trade well to the japanese guys. Sadly this is a bit poor.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

there&#39;s a second volume of that Alan Caddy Tom Jones LP to look out for&#33;

well i finally got a Roundtable &#39;Spinning Wheel&#39; (20 quid, unsold stock copy) from a dealer at the Camden fair. he has a large amount of unsold stock on President related labels (President, Jay Boy, Seville, Crystal, etc) so if anyone else needs a copy PM me for his details or go to the one next month. he has mainly 45s but he said he had a few of the Roundtable LP left (he also has the 45 from the LP) and quite a few interesting disco-ish 45s (e.g. Apatchi Band - Issmak, Berry Street Station - Chocolate Sugar, Latimore - Let&#39;s Straighten It Out, Nefertiti - Wisdom...)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 15 2004,14:33)]Birds &#39;n Brass are back - COME ON&#33; So chuffed to find this.

come on serm, i&#39;ve got their first album up for trade for a copy of &quot;...are back&quot;.

grrrrr, give us a beeeeg kiss&#33;

bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 15 2004,14:33)]Young days of love - On blossom. I always pick these up because its such a rare label - they sometimes are a bit scatty so trade well to the japanese guys. Sadly this is a bit poor.
        Is that the Blossom library label that&#39;s another offshoot of Berry Music?

I&#39;m assuming Sun Seeker is the Peer International one by David Johnson - not funky, but there&#39;s a nice folky track where the guitar goes a bit fuzzy......quite hypnotic, probably best enjoyed while staring at a lava lamp. Nice cover too.

Anyway, I got:

The Lush Sounds Of The London Moods Orchestra (see other thread)

Top TV Themes - Tony Osbourne (Contour) - sadly not the one with &#39;Sale Of The Century&#39; on it (if anyone&#39;s got one of these, I&#39;m interested&#33, good slightly funky &#39;Coronation Street&#39;, though&#33;

The Piccadilly Pops Orchestra Plays Simon and Garfunkel (Concord) - nice&#33; Produced by Roy Berry, of Conroy library fame.

And a few others I can&#39;t remember at the moment....

Comment

Found all sorts of bits and bobs this weekend but the weirdest find was a sealed copy of &quot;Blowfly&#39;s Party&quot; in a furniture shop in Perth - WTF was it doing there?

Also grinning today because I liberated a copy of &quot;Mantle-Piece&quot; by the Battered Ornaments from Edinburghs grumpiest record dealer for about a third of it&#39;s WWW price - hurrah&#33;
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Well done lee&#33; Battered Ornaments is so tasty.

Indeed Lord T that Blossom library is an offshoot of Berry. Sunseeker is on Peer. Your right great great cover (as with all peers&#33. Whats the name of the fuzzy track? My ears couldnt take skipping through it again.
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

From the last week:
              The Ebony Godfather - Moog Fluting
              Jose Chepito Areas - S/T - cbs (Good latin rock)
              John Gregory - Spies &amp; Dolls - Philips
              Norrie Parramor/Nick Inhgam - Classic Film Themes - Circle of Sound
              George Martin - British Maid - UA.
              George Martin - one on studio 2
              Tilsley Orch - TV Themes - Fontana.
              Kieth Mansfield - all you need - CBS
              TV Vibrations
              Latin Vibrations
              Judge Dread - Greatest Hits - FAB (NO Cover)
              Soft Machine - 7 - CBS
              xit - Plight of the Redman - Raer Earth (UK)
              10 Years After - Stonehenge - Deram
              + two dope USA Rock LP&#39;s (Cant find @ moment)
              &amp; 45&#39;s the best of which was Prince Buster - Time Longer Than Rope - Blue Beat.
              You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 15 2004,17:52)]Whats the name of the fuzzy track? My ears couldnt take skipping through it again.
                &#39;Mattinata&#39; - first track on side 2.
                You probably still won&#39;t like it, but I think it&#39;s a nice LP, meself.

Comment

this week:

Jason Bjorn Lindh &quot;Sissel (Metronome)
                  Ashton Gardner &amp; Dyke &quot;S/T&quot; (Capitol)
                  Undisputed Truth &quot;Higher Than High&quot; (Gordy)
                  Kim Fowley &quot;Born To Be Wild&quot; (Imperial)- great garage rock style LP with Fowley playing Hamond. I tried looking up info on this and all I got was this
                  That can&#39;t be right, can it?
                  Spitballs &quot;S/T&quot; (Berserkley)
                  Atomic Rooster &quot;In Hearing of&quot; (Elektra) - Double
                  Billy Vaughn &quot;Windmills of your Mind&quot; (DOT)
                  Dorsey High School Stage Band &quot;Dorsey High Music 1974&quot; (Custom)
                  KPM 1120 &quot;Daybreak&quot; (KPM)
                  KPM 1121 &quot;Fusion&quot; (KPM)
                  KPM 1188 &quot;Contempo&quot; (KPM)
                  and a few other things I don&#39;t remember offhand

Comment

The Ebony Godfather - Moog Fluting

How is this like?

Comment

My finds this weekend:

Hi Energy - Frenzy

Tomorrows Edition -can&#39;t remember the title...

Gwen Mc Rae - s/t

Camel - RainDances (there&#39;s a nice mellow space funk track on this)

Roberta Flack and Peabo Bryson -Live and more
                      (Nice version of Back Together again)

Comment

barbara mason &amp; the futures: make it last (buddah7&quot
                        sugar billy: sugar pie (fast track 7&quot
                        pat johnson:east of the sun, west of the moon (win or lose 7&quot
                        spoonbread &quot;i&#39;d like to make it with you&quot; (stang 7&quot
                        eddie kendricks &quot;eddie&#39;s love&quot; (t-m 7&quot
                        stevie wonder: &quot;if you really love me&quot; (t-m 7&quot
                        chakachas: &quot;jungle fever (polydor 7&quot
                        elkie brooks: &quot;spiritland&quot; (us A&amp;M 7&quot
                        ebh &quot;bubbles&quot; (rca &#33;2&quot

plus various 80s soul, indian soundtracks and other nonsense that i ain&#39;t got time to list.

marco pantani r.i.p.
                        Endless Tripe

Comment

Whoooa &#33;&#33;&#33; Marco Pantani R.I.P &#33;&#33;&#33; For real ? Tell me more, i ain&#39;t heard anything about that &#33;
                          SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (TOWNY @ Feb. 16 2004,11:37)]Whoooa &#33;&#33;&#33; Marco Pantani R.I.P &#33;&#33;&#33; For real ? Tell me more, i ain&#39;t heard anything about that &#33;
                            http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/3489569.stm
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

Very sad news &#33;
                              SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Working...
                              X