Coronation street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronation street

does anyone know of a ska / reggae version of the coronation street theme tune?

i remember hearing it on radio lancashire (on the wire) some years back, but typically it was never mentioned, either title or artist.

other people i know are aware of it's existence but not of it's origin.

answers on a postcard please...or just some helpful hints.

Mr Divine mentioned this in another thread recently - wasn't the record something to do with On-Usound and the wire? I think the thread was about Reggae cover versions. Sorry but I'm far too lazy to go and look for it.
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

...having said that......

http://212.67.202.147/~sermad....0;st=15

Comment

hmm, possibly, adrian sherwood / on-u-sound were quite well linked with the on the wire program (tunes from the missing channel was on the wire's theme tune).

i know the on-u-sound backcatalogue fairly well, tho', and i don't think the coronation st cover was part of it, to my knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] ]wasn't the record something to do with On-Usound and the wire?
          I now realise you just said that  

Perhaps I should get some sleep now  

Comment

excellent work, that man, sleep well deserved!

must pay more attention to other peoples threads in future and not looking for records, that way i might even find titles to records i don't know, thereby increasing my search list!

Comment

Here's all the info I have:

"Coronation Street" The I-Royals (Media Marvels - MM 7004) from 1983 according to the label. Don't see any evidence of it having an On-U Sounds connection though...

Right, I'm off to watch it right now!
              There MUST be a Hymns-A-Swingin' in this box...

Comment

Working...
              X