Strings a go go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strings a go go!

Dudes. I need some recommendations on records with superb string arrangements. Things I'm thinking of are :-

London Suite
    Stringtronics
    Histoire De Melody Nelson
    Le Planet Sauvage
    Insolitudes

Any library or uk stuff would be appreciated.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Wot no Axelrod???

(Sorry, he&#39;s not library or UK but nevertheless...).
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I was kind of looking for more uk/euro guys.

Comment

wot no Strings for Pleasure Play Simon and Garfunkel? arf

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 16 2004,11:10)]Dudes. I need some recommendations on records with superb string arrangements. Things I&#39;m thinking of are :-

London Suite
          Stringtronics
          Le Planet Sauvage
          Insolitudes

many disco records have superb string arrangements
          Endless Tripe

Comment

Right. you lot are sacked. Verbal warnings the lot of ya.&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 16 2004,11:10)]Dudes. I need some recommendations on records with superb string arrangements. Things I&#39;m thinking of are :-

London Suite
              Stringtronics
              Le Planet Sauvage
              Insolitudes

my vote goes for janko ... Rythmes Contemporains after all does years still does it for me

Comment

Thanks pokester baby&#33; Thats one I have and forget. Easily one of the best.

Here is another.

La Ragazza Fuoristrada.

If none of you have the easy tempo reissue of this then you are missing out BAD&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b

London Suite
                  Stringtronics
                  Le Planet Sauvage
                  Insolitudes

Rogier van Otterloo - &#39;On The Move&#39;, &#39;The French Collection&#39;, &#39;Grijpstra en De Gier&#39; OST

Rolf Kuhn - &#39;City Calling&#39; (Selected Sound) LP

Jean Claude Petit - &#39;Chez JCP&#39; (Can&#39;t remember label)

Walter Rizzati - &#39;L&#39;Argent Du Ministre&#39; OST (Beat 1976)

Roy Budd - &#39;Diamonds&#39; (Bradleys 1976)

Michel Polnareff - &#39;Voyages&#39; (Barclays 197?)

Denis Farnon - &#39;Pop Jazz Themes&#39; (Boosey &amp; Hawkes 1974)

Alessandro Blonksteiner - &#39;Apocalypse Domani&#39; OST (Beat 1980)

Dick Walter - &#39;Panoramic Pursuit&#39; (Conroy 1975)

Francis Lai - &#39;No.1&#39; from &#39;Le Corps De Mon Ennemi&#39; OST (WB 1975)

Raymond Guiot - &#39;Basse Contrebasse&#39; (TeleMusic 1975, not strings as such, but has a some very funky bowed doublas bass work)

All the 70s Amphonic stuff w/strings of course&#33;

Hope this helps.
                  Barry Morgan&#39;s brother is a driving instructor

Comment

I&#39;m a massive fan of Johnny Gregory&#39;s heavy cinematic strings, I&#39;m thinking &#39;Jaguar&#39; from Man For All Seasons or &#39;Face In The Clouds&#39; from Gregory Conducts here.

In fact, you could probably do worse than checking for stuff on the old Sound Gallery LPs eh (particularly Vol.1)? Loads of big strings on those babies.

I was recently surprised to highly enjoy a fine version of David Gates&#39; soppy 70s hit &#39;Make It With You&#39; by the John Fox Orchestra (on BBC), which has some awesome big sweeping string arrangements - it&#39;s proper class, like.
                    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Seventies Kid @ Feb. 16 2004,11:37)]
                      Originally posted by [b

London Suite
                      Stringtronics
                      Le Planet Sauvage
                      Insolitudes

Rogier van Otterloo - &#39;On The Move&#39;, &#39;The French Collection&#39;, &#39;Grijpstra en De Gier&#39; OST

Rolf Kuhn - &#39;City Calling&#39; (Selected Sound) LP

Jean Claude Petit - &#39;Chez JCP&#39; (Can&#39;t remember label)

Walter Rizzati - &#39;L&#39;Argent Du Ministre&#39; OST (Beat 1976)

Roy Budd - &#39;Diamonds&#39; (Bradleys 1976)

Michel Polnareff - &#39;Voyages&#39; (Barclays 197?)

Denis Farnon - &#39;Pop Jazz Themes&#39; (Boosey &amp; Hawkes 1974)

Alessandro Blonksteiner - &#39;Apocalypse Domani&#39; OST (Beat 1980)

Dick Walter - &#39;Panoramic Pursuit&#39; (Conroy 1975)

Francis Lai - &#39;No.1&#39; from &#39;Le Corps De Mon Ennemi&#39; OST (WB 1975)

Raymond Guiot - &#39;Basse Contrebasse&#39; (TeleMusic 1975, not strings as such, but has a some very funky bowed doublas bass work)

All the 70s Amphonic stuff w/strings of course&#33;

Hope this helps.
                      also get those orig comps francois de roubaix Les Plus Belles Musiques De Films N° 1 N° 2 N° 3 (3 is getting harder to find )

Comment

Its funny because I never did rate that &#39;man for all seasons&#39; lp. I had the chance to buy it a few times and ive always stuck it back in the racks. Maybe I was always in a duff mood. Whats it upto these days?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 16 2004,12:16)]Its funny because I never did rate that &#39;man for all seasons&#39; lp. I had the chance to buy it a few times and ive always stuck it back in the racks. Maybe I was always in a duff mood. Whats it upto these days?
                          What??&#33;&#33; Personally Serms it&#39;s one of my favourite UK funky easy LPs - you&#39;ve got Jaguar, Jet Stream and the killa-dilla funk of Earthshaker.. it&#39;s superb.

I finally copped one off the bay a few weeks back, after having been hunting it down at a (fairly) reasonable price for at least 4 or 5 years. Mine was £25 (oof&#33, which was the same price recordkingz were trying to sell one for with no sleeve&#33; Usual dealer price is around £40.
                          Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (vibra @ Feb. 16 2004,12:11)]I was recently surprised to highly enjoy a fine version of David Gates&#39; soppy 70s hit &#39;Make It With You&#39; by the John Fox Orchestra (on BBC), which has some awesome big sweeping string arrangements - it&#39;s proper class, like.
                            A bit off topic, i know, but i went on a bit of a version excursion with &quot;make it with you&quot; yesterday afternoon.

check out:

nancy wilson (capitol lp - early-ish gamble and huff production)
                            bobbi houston (action 7&quot
                            spoonbread (stang 7&quot

can anyone recommend any others?
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

some of my favourite string arrangements ever are on that kpm &quot;voices in harmony&quot;. especially &quot;half forgotten daydreams&quot; by john cameron.

Comment

Working...
                              X