Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keith mansfield downunder

hey everyone,
    just heard from a mate that Keith mansfield was in sydney for a few days over christmas. Apparently his son lives in sydney!!
    Keith now lives in japan and says he arranges more than composes. Hopefully he'll be back in sydney and I'll do my best to corner him and get his story!!!

cheers,
    david
    God bless Fatso.

Interesting - you haven't thought about tracking down Sutherland resident Sven Libaek have you?

Last time I was up in Sydney some bloke who had been in the stereo bizz was rattling on about Eric Jupp and all the gear he used to buy, lived on Norfolk Island for a number of years from what I understand .. classic!

One of the blokes from American Gypsy spent some time in sydders in the 70s, name escapes me - not sure if he was involved with any musical projects durign that time tho

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (rolex baxter @ Feb. 17 2004,06:03)]Interesting - you haven't thought about tracking down Sutherland resident Sven Libaek have you?
      I heard that Sven lives back in Norway now...

Keith Mansfield down under! Hope he enjoys the lovely weather at the moment!

peace.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (soundsville @ Feb. 17 2004,04:13)]Hopefully he'll be back in sydney and I'll do my best to corner him and get his story!!!
        there might just be a splendid article by 70's kid on a certain arranger, appearing on a certain website next month....

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.
          I called Sven last night, he was happy to hear from a fan. He lives in Ermington and conducts the Sutherland Symphony Orchestra. He has agreed to come on my radio show SOUNDSVILLE.

Cheers,
          David
          God bless Fatso.

Comment

'Misty Canyon' is just simply one of the best library tracks ever. I would love to more about that lp. Its on Peer. I'll dig it out when I get home.
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (soundsville @ Feb. 17 2004,20:23)]Thanks for the info guys.
              I called Sven last night, he was happy to hear from a fan. He lives in Ermington and conducts the Sutherland Symphony Orchestra. He has agreed to come on my radio show SOUNDSVILLE.
              wow&#33;
              great stuff - so you just looked him up in the phone book and whammo?

hope you can record or transcribe the appearance for Vultures to enjoy - there is so much you could ask him about&#33;&#33;

Comment

Yeah, what a buzz&#33;&#33;
                I don&#39;t know much about him excpet SOLAR FLARES. Everyone is wecome to send questions to me so I can be ready for the interview. This will open the floodgates h:

David
                God bless Fatso.

Comment

He did &#39;solar flares&#39; and &#39;my thing&#39; (which is has the &#39;misty canyon&#39; I mentioned earlier).

Tracklistings for both are -

My Thing - P.I.L 9006

My Thing
                  Misty Canyon
                  Sydney Revisted
                  Kangarootine
                  Groove
                  Soul Thing

Flight To The World
                  Winds Of Falls Creek
                  Indian Pacific
                  Highway No. 1
                  Expectations
                  Go, Girl Go

Solar Flares - P.I.L 9026

Solar Flares
                  Stella MAris
                  Lift Off
                  Destination Omega 3
                  Conversations With Hal
                  No Flowers On Venus

Quasars
                  Meteoric Rain
                  Space Walk
                  Infinite Journey
                  In Nebular Orbit
                  And Beyond

I think Lord T will say if he did any more on Peer.
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

sven was pretty famous on the soundtrack music scene from the mid 60s to the late 70s too. he moved to Oz in the mid 60s and immediately got work scoring Oz TV series and some great, obscure movies. he has a very signature sound in terms of his arrangements too. I&#39;ll PM you some more info.
                    http://www.blaxploitation.com
                    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I love the Inner Space soundtrack Sven did. However, a *LOT* of the stuff he did down under is a little on the shit side. There&#39;s like 3-4 good albums that I know of... To Ride A White Horse, etc.

I have not a clue why people make a fuss about that crappy &quot;Themes From This Day Tonight&quot; record he did out here. People are trying to charge &#036;30 for it&#33;

Pasted below is some info from another site...

peace.
                      __

As A &amp; R Director, supervised and produced 115 albums and singles for CBS, WARNER BROS, FESTIVAL, ABC, PHONOGRAM, M7, SWEET SIXTEEN, REALM, POWDERWORKS and STARBORNE RECORDS.

Below is a list of aIbums featuring Sven Libaek as composer,
                      and/or conductor, and/or arranger.

NATURE WALKABOUT - Soundtrack
                      BONEY - Soundtrack
                      NICKEL QUEEN - Soundtrack
                      INNER SPACE - Soundtrack
                      TO RIDE A WHITE HORSE - Soundtrack
                      AUSTRALIAN SUITE - Symphonic Orchestral Work
                      MY THING - Peer Library
                      SOLAR FLARES - Peer Library
                      THAT&#39;S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      LIONEL RICHIE INSTRUMENTALLY - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      NEIL DIAMOND INSTRUMENTALLY - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      BILLY JOEL INSTRUMENTALLY - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      THE MASTERPIECE - From &quot;Masterpiece Theatre&quot;
                      THE SVEN LIBAEK CONCERT ORCH. - Orchestral
                      THE MUSIC OF SVEN LIBAEK - Orchestral
                      THEME FROM THIS DAY TONIGHT AND OTHER GREAT
                      AUSTRALIAN MOVIE AND TV THEMES - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      I LOVE AUSTRALIAN MOVIES - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      REUNITED - The Midnight Strings Orch.
                      RAINDROPS - The Midnight Strings Orch.
                      RIDE LIKE THE WIND - The Midnight Strings Orch.
                      ON THE RADIO - The Midnight Strings Orch.
                      EVERGREEN - The Midnight Strings Orch.
                      ENDLESS LOVE - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      FAVOURITE MOVIE THEMES - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      SOFT LIGHTS.....AND YOU - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      SING ME A LOVE SONG - SL Orch. &amp; Choir
                      TRANSIENT - Orchestral (classical)
                      SEASONS OF LOVE - The Sven Libaek Orchestra
                      EMOTIONS - The Good Music Orchestra
                      GRASS - Rock Opera
                      CLASSICAL PIANO FAVOURITES - Soloist at Sydney Opera House

Comment

Two Sven Libaek tracks also appear on the Standard Music library LP ESL126 - &#39;Romantic Pastoral/French Music/Activity/Travel/Dramatic&#39;.

The tracks are called &#39;Never Never&#39; (&#39;pretty theme featuring harmonica and rhythm&#39 and &#39;Bush Wind&#39; (&#39;dramatic lonely theme featuring harmonica and flute&#39. The same LP also has two tracks by John Sangster, which may have been done in the same session. There&#39;s at least one other Sangster track on Standard which I don&#39;t have on LP, so there may be more Sven out there too.

Sven is also well known for his work for the &#39;beautiful music&#39; radio stations in America, which is probably where the &#39;Instrumentally&#39; and Midnight Strings albums came from.

Comment

Working...
                        X