Adam best - wall of sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam best - wall of sound

Does anyone have any info on this album besides what it claims on the sleeve? I'm guessing Adam Best doesn't actually exist. I must have had this album for 7 or 8 years now and I've yet to encounter any other recordings or info at all on Mr Best. Original compositions on the album are credited to 'Cortley/Supran'. Anyone got any info on who these guys are?

and while you're at it can someone PLEASE tell me who sampled "You Shouldn't Say" of this LP - it's been driving me nuts. At first I was sure it was De La but now I'm think UK big beat tune....please help.........
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

S. Cortley did some stuff for de Wolfe (sermad has the LP) with (I think) Mario Silvio, that features what I believe to be very Adam Best-ish sounds (I don't actually have 'Wall Of Sound', unfortunately.) I think there's also a Conroy LP by Silvio and Cortley called 'Big Band-Electronic Beat'.

There are suspicions that one of the de Wolfe tracks pinches the backing track off the Best version of 'I'm A Man' - I've got the de Wolfe track on CD, but I still need to hear Adam Best.

Producer Harold Geller did some stuff for Rediffusion in the 60s.

Comment

Cheers Lord Thames. If anyone had any info then it would be you. I was guessing that Harold Geller was made up too. I guessed wrong.

Comment

No, Harold's a real chap - I've got an LP with a picture of him on the front and everything.....it is only a painting, mind you!

Isn't there a pic of Adam on the 'Wall Of Sound' LP?

Comment

Yep. There's a photograph of him. Or someone.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Feb. 18 2004,22:18)]and while you're at it can someone PLEASE tell me who sampled "You Shouldn't Say" of this LP - it's been driving me nuts. At first I was sure it was De La but now I'm think UK big beat tune....please help.........
              Possibly one of DJ Format's tracks or re-mixes - was it the Re-Return of the Original Artform ? - something along those lines anyway...

Nope , never seen anything else by "Mr Best" and his cellar of strange electronic paraphenalia...

Comment

Pretty sure Format's 'Re-Return Of The Original Artform' is 'Soul Entertainer' by Respect - I'll be playing it tonight so you can decide for yourself...  
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Feb. 19 2004,11:22)]Pretty sure Format's 'Re-Return Of The Original Artform' is 'Soul Entertainer' by Respect - I'll be playing it tonight so you can decide for yourself...  
                  Perhaps it was on his English lesson then...they've all cut and pasted into one track in my memory !!

You played that other track last Monday I recall...nice!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Si Cheeba @ Feb. 19 2004,12:41)]You played that other track last Monday I recall...nice!  
                    I did indeed Si, glad you liked it! Yet another reason to by that Pink Elephant comp (as endorsed by Matt Hero ).
                    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                    X