Kirchen or kirchin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirchen or kirchin

I've been checking out a KPM called 'Its about time' (KPM 1025) all the tracks are composed by some one called Kirchen and have a orchestral jazzy theme. It kind of reminds me of aspects of the 'Thomas crown affair' OST.

I know Basil Kirchin composed a De Wolfe, can't quite remember what its called but its got a cool title about the Industrial North. Does any one know what it sounds like and is it just pure coincidence that the names are similar?

It's not a common surname is it so it seems likely it's him even if mispelt. I have a 1970 Standard Music Library LP 'Activity/Travel' which includes a track called 'Broad Highway', credited to 'B. Kirchin, J. Nathan', so it would appear he didn't only do stuff through De Wolfe.

Comment

That's be Basil Kirchin and bandleader Jack Nathan.

There are a couple of Kirchins, I think - Ivor and Basil, who were brothers. I think their dad was a musician as well.

Basil co-wrote (and was one of the drummers on) 'Johnny Keating and 27 Men' on Decca Phase 4 - he's the drummer you can see on the back cover, with Barry Morgan on the front.

Comment

Basil Kirchin has been subject of a Jonny Trunk re-release programme-see trunkrecords.com.The Industrial North one is due soon

Comment

Is that the dewolfe 10" with the pink cover with black stripes?

Comment

Working...
          X