• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibra
    replied
    </span>
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Rich Hero on 3:25 pm on April 10, 2003

And Earthshaker and Jetstream on 'A Man For All Seasons' are also worthy of attention. Matt's right Sermad, £30 is about right, and I'm after a copy myself so if anyone can help me out after John?
    <span =''>

Err.. and if anyone can sort me out after Rich! :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• happy monster
    replied
    mrs miller or mrs mills?, mrs miller's are quite collectable according to cool &amp; strange mag esp mrs miller does her thing ( i think it's called that) as for mrs mills well she's become more popular of late thanks to mark and lard.
    there's a good track on 'your one and only mrs mills' called i was queen victoria's chambermaid (i'm going off in the realms of fantasy now.)

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    If I remember that day correctly, it was about all I found Rich ! You certainly had a better day than I did when we went to the New Forest, my crates were rigged that day I think...

Oh well, we'll have to see what this weekends bootsales throw up. I might be able to settle a couple of wants off this board, or far more likely, spend hours in windy field finding only VG- Mrs Miller Lps.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Welcome newbie, *ahem* Lord Belson. Good luck on prising that one from Matt's dusty mitts. Luck of the crates indeed, although I can't complain about the way the pack split last time I was down South.

And Earthshaker and Jetstream on 'A Man For All Seasons' are also worthy of attention. Matt's right Sermad, £30 is about right, and I'm after a copy myself so if anyone can help me out after John?

Leave a comment:

• Belson
    replied
    Sermad - 'Jaguar' on the John Gregory has big beefy low slungs, mate. Has its' fair share of strings on it though (if strings ain't your thing). A very nice bassline and drum-a-rama to get hyped about in a library stylee.

As for the 'Soul Cure' Matthew Hero Esquire.......mighty fine. I'll get my thinking cap on. I'm sure you'ld agree that Surbiton would be a nicer home for it.

It's nice to feel like a 'newbie' again.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    30 notes is about right for that LP Sermad - you didn't miss out on a bargain especially.

'Soul Cure' is a great LP alright....luck of the crates eh Rich

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    I saw 'a man for all seasons' at a record fair for 30 notes about a year back.

I listened to it on my portable and thought it was really not all that...maybe I didnt have my ears on right that day. I didnt even think about buying it and trading it or ebaying it cos I wasnt impressed at all.

maybe I was still pi**ed from the night before.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Nice finds! Matt played a track off Soul Cure at the London meet on Monday and Greg was coveting it (it could have been mine - *sob*). Good to know they're still turning up.

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    both corkers - in fact I need a copy of the john gregory myself -anyone?

I agree - you never know what you're going to find at yokel-biased celebrations of antique transport.

Leave a comment:

• happy monster
    started a topic Nick Ingman discovery!!!!!

Nick Ingman discovery!!!!!

found a couple of great lp's at a steam rally (don't ask what i was doing there) last year, the first is soul cure by the power pack, i was drawn to the lp because of the sexy lady sleeve, then i noticed some great soul/funk covers, i got you, soul man etc &amp; some beatles covers, but then i noticed the first track (soul searchin) was written by nick ingman and what a corker, does anyone else know about this lp.
    the second lp i got was john gegory - a man for all seasons, both for no more than 50p each.
    so start checking those steam rallies out.
Working...
X