Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlin

I'm off to Berlin for a weekend next month - any recommendations for interesting sights (museums/galleries/architecture), adidas vendors and record shops?

Cheers!
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

it's ace. loads to see and do. best flea market for records is right next to tiergarten metro station - loads of stalls with very cheap vinyl. there's a small one right by the old East Station too.

there's a single long street in the old east german part with about 3 good record shops, a lovely park, and a load of really good local bars and restaurants. will find out the name and post again.

there's a brilliant mexican restaurant in the posh part of town that's both pretty cheap and very authentic. it's right off the big designer street not too far from tiergarten.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

A friend of mine was working in Berlin for a week last year. She loved it. It sounds like a really great place to go actually. She was raving about some record shop too. New vinyl rather than old I think. Or maybe both. I'll try and find out what it's called or where it is but her memory is appalling so don't hold your breath.

Comment

Cheers chaps - keep those suggestions coming!
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

You Lucky, Lucky sod!

I'm well jealous Rich, but I am looking foward to Madrid in April
          I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Feb. 24 2004,18:40)]Cheers chaps - keep those suggestions coming!
            & more to listen to ? then you must see Frank (Soulpusher) at his club which I think is fortnightly...

http://www.soulexplosion.de/

There's a full Adidas shop there - unfortunately I don't know where, as I was being shown around when I was there - rather than finding my own way around...so I'm not sure where everything is - if you get my drift ?.

Basically though it's a great city - nice atmosphere - good prices - great drinks and food - everywhere!

and sausages for breakfast ? I'm not kidding!

Comment

rich - the east station flea market is next to Ostbahnhof (doh) metro station. trying to find out the name of that street...

Comment

Ta! Unfortunately I won't be there when Soul Explosion is on (50/50 and, as usual, I lose   ). But the fleamarket sounds great - I must make a note of what German breakbeatcommonnotsoraer I need to keep an eye out for. I'm really looking forward to it, it's beginning to sound like one weekend won't be enough...

Comment

Theo Schumann. GDR Euro bin raer! Get the one with 'derby'. I charted it a while back.
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 27 2004,13:53)]Theo Schumann. GDR Euro bin raer&#33; Get the one with &#39;derby&#39;. I charted it a while back.
                    Thanks - if I remember, you played that at &#39;Brillo&#39; too? Anyway, what&#39;s up with your charts Serms?&#33;?

Comment

I took my charts down cos I never updated them and it looked bad. And I think I didnt update all the files. I&#39;ll do it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 27 2004,13:53)]Theo Schumann. GDR Euro bin raer&#33; Get the one with &#39;derby&#39;. I charted it a while back.
                        it&#39;s a bloody nice record. 2 good tracks. &#39;derby&#39; is a cover of &#39;memphis soul stew&#39; and doesn&#39;t mess about like the original - straight into the super-heavy beats&#33;

i&#39;m still trying to find out the name of that street for you rich...

Comment

yay. glad your feeling it eddie. Actually I think there are 3 nice tracks on there. derby, hackapeter and another. damn failing memory..

Comment

Cheers for all the tips people&#33; Got back last night after an ace weekend. Spent lots of time just walking around admiring the architecture, ate in a restaurant fusing Japanese and German cuisine on Saturday (waaay better than you&#39;d expect) and had a lazy brunch on Sunday. The food is really good and really cheap, and I&#39;d heartily recommend a visit to those who haven&#39;t been before...

Hit a few shops but the best finds were at the Tiergarten flea (still, no &#39;Soul Condor&#39;, &#39;Sunshine Starshine&#39; or Theo Shumann). Wot I got...

Malo - &#39;Ascension&#39; LP
                            Triumvirat - &#39;Illusions On A Double Dimple&#39; LP
                            Jeff Cooper And The Stoned Wings - &#39;Tribute To Jimi Hendrix&#39; LP
                            The Animated Egg S/T LP
                            Barrabas &#39;Hijack&#39; 45
                            Titanic &#39;Macumba&#39; 45
                            Dave Pike Set &#39;Noisy Silence - Gentle Noise&#39; LP
                            Volker Kriegel - &#39;Spectrum&#39; LP
                            Volker Kriegel - Lift&#33;&#39; LP
                            Bloomfield, Kooper And Still - &#39;Super Session&#39; LP
                            Colourbox - &#39;Baby I Love You So&#39; 12&quot;
                            And two Caravelli LP&#39;s

(If you want someone to porter your flight cases next time Cheebs...    )

Comment

is the Super Session LP the one with the good Indian Ropeman on?

Comment

Working...
                              X