Daydream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daydream

as dusty fingers is not to clear on it....
    that track on dusty fingers bernard wystraete "daydream"
    it's not gunther kalman, not wallace collection , where is this from wich lp ?

can anyone help

Here comes Rich......is it The Planters ? Franck Pourcel ?
    Matt Hero

Comment

Not familiar with the comp you refer to but....

My mate found a 7" of "daydream" which appears to be the original version. I can't remember the details but I don't think it's any of the above named. I've got in on a tape somewhere. I'll try to have a look for it and post any further info. of interest.
      Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Feb. 24 2004,15:40)]Here comes Rich......is it The Planters ? Franck Pourcel ?
        Having never heard the Dusty Fingers I'm not sure. But I also have...

Franck Pourcel
        Baker Street Philharmonic
        Raymond Ruer
        Ronnie Aldrich (unlikely   )

My guess it that the Raymond Ruer is a possibility. Is it instrumental with hammond? Can anyone post an mp3?!?
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

And I think the Wallace Collection is the original (Van Holman, etc.)?
          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I can post an mp3 once my hands have thawed out and there's some food in my belly.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Feb. 24 2004,16:45)]I can post an mp3 once my hands have thawed out and there's some food in my belly.
              Nice one!

Comment

Okay, I'm warm and full.

mp3

Comment

Wow!!!

No idea but I *need* that one! Not sure but the singer sounds Spanish possibly?

Comment

That's as much as you get on Dusty Fingers btw. I'm assuming there's more on the original track.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Feb. 24 2004,18:48)]That's as much as you get on Dusty Fingers btw. I'm assuming there's more on the original track.      
                      I think wystraete is the one playing flute (that's wy it's named after him)
                      it's a french or spanish accent
                      somebody must know !

Comment

Hi again Steve,
                        Bernard Wystraete is a flute player. He did a superb lp called Structure with Ceccarelli on the drums in the early 70's. This track is not on this lp. I think it's on a library, but I couldn't say more.
                        I'll record some tracks from Structure on the MD I'm supposed to do for you.
                        The only sure and foreseeable attribute of human affairs is their unforseeability; hence the trivialility of all the attempts in order to reduce the human action to a single reason, even interest.
                        Albert O. Hirschman (The concept of interest: from euphemism to tautology/1986)

Comment

I've only heard "episodes" from that lp

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Feb. 24 2004,16:13)]And I think the Wallace Collection is the original (Van Holman, etc.)?
                            Obviously not the "Dusty Fingers" one but the one I was thinking of was by Mahna MacKay on Parlophone 7", writers credits are Vincent,Van Holman and MacKay, produced by David MacKay.

Using the science of nerdology, I checked and it looks like the Wallace one did come first (just). But as they're both on Parlophone, I'm guessing that it's possibly the same recording.

God, I lead an interesting life,eh? I wonder where it all went wrong......
                            Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (son of stan @ Feb. 25 2004,10:15)]God, I lead an interesting life,eh? I wonder where it all went wrong......
                              Well I'm definitely interested SOS. If you're really bothered I can bring the Wallace Collection (the 45, not the band) down to Brillo and you can hear for yourself whether it's the same. It sounds very similar to the GKC in my opinion. God, I hope it's not another one to add to the list...

Comment

Working...
                              X