X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beach party

Are there six in total?  

1000 posts upgraded status. Booyah!!!

I think so? You haven't managed to complete the set, have you?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Anyway, 1000 posts?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I remember...

Comment

...reaching 1000 posts.

Comment

Vaguely...

Comment

I have the first four. I seem to recall someone on here (Matt?) mentioning that there was six in total. I've never seen five and six though. Not that I'm losing any sleep over the missing albums. It's one of my more saddo completist brain deficency problems.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Feb. 26 2004,16:17)]    

I have the first four. I seem to recall someone on here (Matt?) mentioning that there was six in total. I've never seen five and six though. Not that I'm losing any sleep over the missing albums. It's one of my more saddo completist brain deficency problems.    
                'Twas me. But I've only seen them on the net and the obsessive compulsive in me decided I need to complete the set. One day. And that's not counting the various alternative covers (now, that's Matt's domain...). But I do have a signed 'Voodoo Party'.

Comment

While we're on a last tip, I was looking at an inner sleeve on a Polydor LP last night (as one does) and noticed a Last LP called "Soft Rock" which appeared to have various rock covers from the early 70's on it and a cover which I'd never seen - does anyone have this one and what's on it?
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Feb. 26 2004,16:19)]But I do have a signed 'Voodoo Party'.
                    You do realise I'm insanely jealous of that, don't you?

There do seem to be only 6 Beach Party LPs, but there's also 'Happy Beach Party', which could either be a compilation of previous ones, a whole new one or just an ordinary one with a different title - I dunno.

He also revived the concept for 'Beach Party '95', which you could also get on video!

I personally don't think they're 's best work, meself - probably because they're all vocal.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Feb. 26 2004,16:34)]
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Feb. 26 2004,16:19)]But I do have a signed 'Voodoo Party'.
                      You do realise I'm insanely jealous of that, don't you?

There do seem to be only 6 Beach Party LPs, but there's also 'Happy Beach Party', which could either be a compilation of previous ones, a whole new one or just an ordinary one with a different title - I dunno.

He also revived the concept for 'Beach Party '95', which you could also get on video!

I personally don't think they're   's best work, meself - probably because they're all vocal.
                      Unfortunately I didn't have it signed personally - it was one of a lot on eBay Germany that Matt put me onto since he doesn't speak German (neither do I...). But I am very proud of it! And if my contract would allow me to hang pictures the poster from the 'James Last Butchers Songs From Around The World' boxset would be adorning my wall.

Comment

I've got them all with the exception of no 4. Which I don't think got a UK release (nor did 5 or 6 as far as I know). There certainly are several different sleeves for the first three - some with tracklistings on the front cover, some without.

There is a UK release with a totally different sleeve - a beach scene again, but shot on a sunny day somwehere hot - as opposed to the rest of the sleeves, which appear to have been shot somewhere like Grimsby in February. No offence Bill.
                        Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Feb. 26 2004,16:34)]There do seem to be only 6 Beach Party LPs, but there's also 'Happy Beach Party', which could either be a compilation of previous ones, a whole new one or just an ordinary one with a different title - I dunno.
                          Do you mean 'Happyning'? The front cover is James in a pile of sand in some photographers studio. That's all material unique to that album as far as I can tell. There's a rather groovy original on it called 'Dirty Town' that I really should play out some time. I'm sure it will get a reaction.

I've never encountered 'Soft Rock', Lee. I am very jealous that you saw Bill Hicks live though. Something I never did before it was too late.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Feb. 26 2004,17:23)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Feb. 26 2004,16:34)]There do seem to be only 6 Beach Party LPs, but there's also 'Happy Beach Party', which could either be a compilation of previous ones, a whole new one or just an ordinary one with a different title - I dunno.
                            Do you mean 'Happyning'? The front cover is James in a pile of sand in some photographers studio. That's all material unique to that album as far as I can tell. There's a rather groovy original on it called 'Dirty Town' that I really should play out some time. I'm sure it will get a reaction.    
                            'Happy Ning' is the best/worst title! That's the one with him sporting a floppy hat and resting his elbows on snorkelling flippers?

Comment

Hang on. Doesn't Happyning have a track from Voodoo Party on it (Sing A Simple Song)?
                              It ain't shakey

Comment

Working...
                              X