Shawn phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn phillips

Been hearing the name bandied about, & ocasionally see his LPs around (though never cheap enough for a blind punt) so anyone have suggestions as to where to start with his stuff? The common ones seem to be 'Collaboration' and 'Faces' - worth a fiver apiece? Suddenly find myself intrigued by this bearded country-folkie dude...
    a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (wayne @ Feb. 27 2004,11:45)]Been hearing the name bandied about, & ocasionally see his LPs around (though never cheap enough for a blind punt) so anyone have suggestions as to where to start with his stuff? The common ones seem to be 'Collaboration' and 'Faces' - worth a fiver apiece? Suddenly find myself intrigued by this bearded country-folkie dude...
    just get "spaced" ....

Comment

No. Get Spaced and then get Rumplestiltskin's Resolve. There's a track on there, Today, that's excellent (especially the 2nd hald of it; it's 10 mins. long). I don't have any others, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had good stuff, too.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

spaced got "I came to say good bye" wich is damn good ....
        headhunters worked on this track ..

Comment

'second contribution' has one nice, if brief groovy track...err...'sleepwalker' i think...

Comment

I'm with Bill. 'Rumplestiltskin's Resolve' is the one. 'Spaced' is cool, but a one tracker really. RR has 'Today' and 'Hie Away'. BOTH albums feature excellent contributions from the Headhunters. 'Today' has some ace bass work from Paul Jackson.

But everything else I've heard by him, and I mean EVERYTHING else, has been dogshit.

Benicio
            Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Working...
            X