Max sedgely - happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max sedgely - happy

Just flicked thorugh the Evening Standard "Metro" last night and it caught my eye that according to Jet setting DJ Lottie the next big tune THIS spring and Summer will be VV fave from last year - Max Sedgley's Happy.

The write about said something about it being edgy and underground

I just reckon this is a great example of how ignorant a lot of "name" DJs are with music - even including the new releases. It's like "where have you been sister ?" with that track

Oooh get me!

Funny you should say that Cheebs.... I was climbing the other night (Calshot Activity Centre in case you were wondering Andy) and 'Happy' came on the radio. Very suprised to hear it on local FM......

It was I think the only 'new' record I bought last year, I actually prefer one of the other tracks on the 12 to 'Happy'.

Has it been re-issued ? Hopefully with better distribution this time, it was quite tricky to get hold of last time.

[edit : Answered my own question... it's out on 'Sunday Best' via BMG in April. With 'mixes' whatever that might mean]
    Matt Hero

Comment

yeah Fatboy Slim is remixing it.

We did a boot of happy and didnt put it out cos we didnt want to piss off sunday best...now im not so sure we did the right thing...
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Yeah, it&#39;s coming out again. I&#39;ve heard horrid rumours that a vocal has been added, like they do with otherwise OK house records so they get in the charts. Don&#39;t know if it&#39;s true. A mate&#39;s done a mix of it, but I&#39;ve not heard it yet, though you&#39;re on a hiding to nothing with that record, really...
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Feb. 27 2004,14:38)]Funny you should say that Cheebs.... I was climbing the other night (Calshot Activity Centre in case you were wondering Andy) and &#39;Happy&#39; came on the radio. Very suprised to hear it on local FM......

It was I think the only &#39;new&#39; record I bought last year, I actually prefer one of the other tracks on the 12 to &#39;Happy&#39;.

Has it been re-issued ? Hopefully with better distribution this time, it was quite tricky to get hold of last time.

[edit : Answered my own question... it&#39;s out on &#39;Sunday Best&#39; via BMG in April. With &#39;mixes&#39; whatever that might mean]
          Yeh that downtemp cut with the bluesy vox was really nice as well

Remixes of Happy though Hmmm

Mind you, Ive got a great rap acapella that just goes so well with Happy....Sermad?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Feb. 27 2004,14:57)]I&#39;ve heard horrid rumours that a vocal has been added, like they do with otherwise OK house records so they get in the charts.
            Like what they did with that groovejet spiller thing.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Comment

Not Delboys finest moment but its fun for a few seconds.

Dangerously Happy

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 27 2004,15:01)]Not Delboys finest moment but its fun for a few seconds.

Dangerously Happy
                I&#39;d play it

When&#39;s it out, Serm?
                http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Its not mate.

Comment

I&#39;m still playing it, but it&#39;s only a matter of time before it does a Clubbed To Death on us

Still, I wish I&#39;d written (sampled) it ....
                    FunkyDown
                    Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                    X