More boring ebay stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More boring ebay stuff...

I've emailed this guy twice, really nicely, about his shipping charges ($20 for one record from US). He's ignored both of my emails and yesterday he finally sent an email with this:

HELLO.....
    I AM STILL HOLDING THIS LP FOR YOU
    THANK YOU

What should I do? He's patently trying to front out the charges issue and it's now well over two weeks since I won the auction. The exchange rate is great at the moment, but his charges almost defeat the object of bidding on US stuff. If I cancel the order, can I get neg. feedback from him?
    http://www.djhistory.com

Bill,

did he list shipping at $20 in his auction listing ? If not he's been really shady and you're dead right to front it out.

It's as bad as winning a very cheap auction and then the seller never getting in touch (obviously doesn want to seel so cheaply), so your bargain purchase never gets completed. Happened to me a couple of times
    Matt Hero

Comment

I wasn't the only bidder, but there were no shipping prices on the page, either for US or elsewhere.

Decisions...
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ Feb. 28 2004,11:34)]btw, ebay.co.uk is currently being 'looked into' by the Inland Revenue
        Have you got a link or other source for that? Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ Feb. 28 2004,17:04)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (A de Vere @ Feb. 28 2004,16:25)]
          Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (Col Wolfe @ Feb. 28 2004,11:34)]btw, ebay.co.uk is currently being 'looked into' by the Inland Revenue
          Have you got a link or other source for that? Cheers.
          No.  The IR will only confirm something officially when it's water-tight.  The recent change of Paypal to a UK run version is something which is going to make things easier for them to.  They obviously know the ebay gig, plus a lot of the tricks to cream false additional profit i.e the often whinged about postage mark-up and suspect conversion fees.  This isn't bollocks,  got it from
          Of course, this doesn't mean anything for purchasers or small-time sellers but if you're a regular seller, beware!  Knowing the IR, it'll be several more years before they actually get around to doing anything about it.
          does this still mean trouble for someone who has an official business and sells via ebay?
          I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

How would they go about it though? Would they target people with a large number of transactions per month? Pose as buyers to get name/address details? eBay deletes records of past transactions from the site after 60 days or whatever it is but do they keep them on file somewhere and would they be legally obliged to hand them over if requested by the IR? Also what about listing on eBay.com vs. ebay.co.uk..would there be a legal distinction or is the seller's country of registration the crucial thing?

Also I've heard people talk about a person's right to sell personal possessions up to a certain value (per year?) tax free. How would anyone be able to prove (certainly with records/books etc.) that you weren't simply selling items from your own collection? I suppose if they put you under surveillance and saw you buying an LP in Oxfam then selling it on eBay next week, then yes..but otherwise?

Comment

FOOK !!!
              SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

One of the very reasons by paypal is such a handy tool...You can sell thousands and thousands of pounds worth of stock. Keep it in your paypal account and pull out a small percentage every month thus running a business and not declaring tax. Cool huh!
                www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Sermad - you shady, wheeler-dealer &#33; Remind me never to buy a scooter from you... or a record for that matter &#33;

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (sermad @ Feb. 29 2004,23:41)]One of the very reasons by paypal is such a handy tool...You can sell thousands and thousands of pounds worth of stock. Keep it in your paypal account and pull out a small percentage every month thus running a business and not declaring tax. Cool huh&#33;
                    maybe this would have worked when your relationship was with paypal usa, but now you&#39;ve been moved to paypal europe whether you like it or not so watch out...
                    http://www.blaxploitation.com
                    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Feb. 29 2004,23:50)]Sermad - you shady, wheeler-dealer &#33; Remind me never to buy a scooter from you... or a record for that matter &#33;

scooter

buying a scooter hmmm maybe from this guy

Comment

7600 £ and 2 days left ...

Comment

Working...
                        X