Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today, I have mostly been listening to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sun is out, spring seems to have sprung and I can't stop listening to this.

A gorgeous, jazzy, sunshine pop, easy classic.

Here's the title track for those of you who may not yet know this particular grail.

It's a thing of beaming joy.
    To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

• Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
      The sun is out, spring seems to have sprung and I can't stop listening to this.

A gorgeous, jazzy, sunshine pop, easy classic.

Here's the title track for those of you who may not yet know this particular grail.

It's a thing of beaming joy.
      Utterly marvellous LP (bar that annoying 'lights of freedom' track). I put 'Move it on down' on a swap CD a few years back, & I think Xavier Blake used the sublime 'I'm a believer' cover as well.

AVOID the Korean CD reissue, even though it includes a slew of unreleased tracks. For some reason they allowed the band to remix the LP a couple of years ago & it's transformed into a morass of MOR.

Comment

• the lovely weather the last few has had me out and about riding my new bike, and what better soundtrack than the blunted jazz bounce of pete rock instrumentals? this has been been on repeat:

('Petestrumentals' on BBE)
        http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
        http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

• Originally posted by the real hayes View Post
          the lovely weather the last few has had me out and about riding my new bike, and what better soundtrack than the blunted jazz bounce of pete rock instrumentals?
          I approve.
          Last edited by alanmck; 20-04-2010, 12:27 PM. Reason: quotes fixed...

Comment

• All instrumental from jazz to turkish to indian and back again, joyous
            What an album cant get it off the turntable

Comment

• Records.....

I fixed my turntable last night as it's been out of commission for about a month. First on :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n01T7ejqKWk

Comment

• Splendid record, Brothers On The Slide a lovely standout, but the whole thing is genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                  Splendid record, Brothers On The Slide a lovely standout, but the whole thing is genius.
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post

Splendid record, Brothers On The Slide a lovely standout, but the whole thing is genius.
                    crikey its been a long time since I hear that one. brings back so many memories.
                    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

• Probably the moddiest FK comp so far... excellent stuff, even though at times the selection strays dangerously close to the EuroBubblegumSyke so beloved by European DJs. Which is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by eclipsechaser View Post
                        crikey its been a long time since I hear that one. brings back so many memories.
                        Same here, I should really dig it out and give it a spin as it's a great record.
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by radtradCat View Post

Probably the moddiest FK comp so far... excellent stuff, even though at times the selection strays dangerously close to the EuroBubblegumSyke so beloved by European DJs. Which is fine.
                          Its great [and i get a mention ] - vinyl out soon !!
                          Recommended - some wicked gear on this
                          From strength to strength....
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Words I Manifest

RIP Guru
                            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• two play-out belters (the break-heavy and sampled delight that is "Sidney Whiplash" and the uptempo hard latinate funk of "Change Had Better Come"), but the whole album's great, hadn't given it a proper listen for a while. Sweet soul stuff, latin licks and other loveliness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hooded Claw View Post
                                Records.....

I fixed my turntable last night as it's been out of commission for about a month. First on :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n01T7ejqKWk
                                This is brilliant. Syd Barrett would be proud.

Comment

Working...
                                X