Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today, I have mostly been listening to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 'california dreaming' on that LEE MOSES that wallace posted is face-melting.

today i have been listeing to this on repeat - it never gets old:

Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      ive got this lp somewhere never really left an impression on me perhaps i need to listen to it some more...
      As a whole, I think the LP is fairly weak. But there's 1 or 2 cuts on there worth the admission fee.

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
        the 'california dreaming' on that LEE MOSES that wallace posted is face-melting
        hmmm, never knew thaar prince of eagles was a fan

Comment

Originally posted by Belson View Post
          As a whole, I think the LP is fairly weak. But there's 1 or 2 cuts on there worth the admission fee.
          a very cheap admission fee at that (about $20 should get a copy i think). the album isn't fantastic, but i really do think that the title track is in The Pantheon. yes, above Ms Mason and her curly haired, men's shirt wearing loveliness...

i do like the Arctic track that you meniton, Greg, but I was stopped in my tracks the first time I heard "Stay With Me". the last section of the song is heart-wrenching.

Comment

Black merda - Folks From Mothers Mixer's the falvour here.
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post

omigod, a 45! aye, and a funky one at that. according to miss tamango, man can't live, not by bread alone.
              Great record that, got a copy from my neighbour (along with a load of other stuff) last week.

I've mostly been listening to Future Pilot AKA & Alasdair Gray's version of the Sun Ra classic "Nuclear War" - have a listen here = http://www.creepingbent.org/
              Last edited by loosejoints; 02-06-2007, 02:14 AM. Reason: Fixed link
              www.starlarecords.com

Comment

yes, above Ms Mason and her curly haired, men's shirt wearing loveliness...

Ah, the Buddah'd version of Babs - nice enough cover of the Curtis tune though.

If you haven't heard this'un, then do try. Smashin' LP throughout;

Comment

Originally posted by loosejoints View Post
                  Great record that, got a copy from my neighbour (along with a load of other stuff) last week.
                  Wow! Wish the folks next to me had records like that. In Govanhill, you could probably amass a very interesting international collection from your neighbours...

PS The FP AKA link doesnae work.
                  Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://m.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine54/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Today has been spent in the fine company of:

A bit of noodle-rock, 2 singer-songwriter geniuses (how good are those albums!!), and a bit of new-kraut rock. A good day
                    "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Currently rediscovering:

I hadn't heard this record in years. Some of the slower songs have a bit of an uneasy desperate edge, but it's all fab pop stuff, especially the more rocking numbers ("I Got Kinda Lost" is my new favourite).

Comment

Larry Saunders -Free Angela

Wow, on a hot melancholy afternoon, this really hit the spot. Along with the great opening track on the Skip Mahoaney and the Casuals lp.
                        http://hidingplaceplace.com/

Comment

cos it's a frikkin corker.

had this for years, only ever listened to one or two tracks from it, then dug it out when moving records around at home, and was blown away by it's greateness. solid, start to finish, great great great record. time and place, got that will, hey joe, california dreaming (the last two of these as featured on the Stonesthrow Psychedelic Soul Podcast a wee while back) would each be worth the entry fee on their own. the version of hey joe is probably my favourite.

NEXT!

yeah, love that LP - its just been re-issued on double vinyl with loads of bonus tracks!"!nice! the cd had been due out for ages but didn't expect a vinyl press as well!!

http://www.sanctuaryrecords.co.uk/in...&rt=&lastpage=

great for me as been after a copy for many moons and cannae afford an original!was very excited when that one jumped out the racks at me!

also noticed today on picadilly records they've just got a US re-issue of the ester marrow LP in stock - another great record although i know nothing of the origins of the repress - might have to take the plunge though!

Comment

Barbara Mason - Sad sad girl is a long time favourite
                            rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Oh yes!...

Christian Prommer's latin version of 'Strings of Life' on Sonar Kollectiv...

Proper hearting this right now, getting better and better with every listen!...
                              stretchy eyes..........

Comment

Today, I have mostly been listening to...

bass driven twisted jazz, in the shape of...

Eddie Gomez: Downstretch (blackhawk)
                                AEOC: Theme De Yoyo (pathe marconi)
                                Stafford James: Costa Bruciata (horo)
                                Chick Corea: Moon Dance (far east)
                                Steve Grossman: Inmate Man (pm) which is exactly the same track as
                                Teruo Nakamura: The Cat (polydor)

and then:

John Surman: Dance (deram)

next!
                                Last edited by alanmck; 29-12-2007, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X