Licorice soul lsd003 out next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licorice soul lsd003 out next week

in case you missed the interviews on the main VV site, here's the blurb again. got to reiterate that we're down to about 10 copies of each of the first 2 45's so get in quick if you still want them!

thanks to all our regulars for your support and advice - it's invaluable. we're still going strong after 3 releases and there are plenty more in the pipeline!

Our first two 45s (LSD001: Terry Cavendish Orchestra, LSD002:Birds'n'Brass) are now almost completely sold out although we've kept a very few copies back specially for online orders. Get in quick if you want to bag 'em!

We're just about to issue our third release, Licorice Soul LSD003: Eddie Paolucci & The Leftovers / Bob Bernard Quartet. It's a double-A-sider featuring tracks from two excellent privately-pressed funk albums originally produced to promote restaurant house bands. Only available at the time to restaurant customers in tiny quantities, these two superb funk tracks are available on 45rpm single for the first time ever! Representing the USA, Ohio 'bone stalwart Eddie Paolucci brings us a blistering Hammond-fuelled Jim Burns original with wicked brass, while from the UK, Kent multi-instrumentalist Bob Bernard weighs in with a beefy funk take on 1970s standard "Coming Home Baby".

Side A 'Eddie Paolucci & The Leftovers: 0-1-0-1' is a tasty uptempo funk dancer! High quality brass work, a wicked horn riff, great rhythm section, choppy wah guitar, tight drums and a wicked Hammond B-3 solo make this one a winner! Taken from the album 'Now serving at the Tangier'.

Side AA 'Bob Bernard Quartet: Coming Home Baby' is a great uptempo British funk version of the Herbie Mann classic. Opening with a stunning Fender Rhodes break, this tasty instrumental features cracking snappy drums, superb Rhodes and a fantastic wah guitar solo too! Taken from the album 'At The Ashes'.

For full information on the release, interviews with the musicians, a pre-order form and sound samples, please take a look: http://www.licoricesoul.com/lsd003.php

LSD003 will be officially released on Monday 8th March 2004. Pre-orders will be dispatched a few days in advance of official release so you'll get yours before they reach the stores (postal service permitting&#33.

Let us know what you think about our releases and our label. Let us know if there's a stockist that you think we should contact. Drop us a line - we like reading your comments, and they help us to improve our service.

Look out for LSD004 in May/June - it's a (previously) UK-only goodie!
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

So, at this rate, early next year you should have enough material to put together an LP comp for those of us (and there are some) who don't like those little 7" things?!

Give us the full 12 inches Ed.

You know you want to, you dirty slut!

Benicio
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Ed, will there be a box full as usual at Brillo ?
      Matt Hero

Comment

there will. usual brillo price applies. i'll also bring some of the last few LSD002 down just in case (will see if we've got any 001 too)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (theeman @ Mar. 01 2004,15:30)]there will. usual brillo price applies. i'll also bring some of the last few LSD002 down just in case (will see if we've got any 001 too)
          Lovely. I'll be there with money burning a hole in my pocket as usual then
          Matt Hero

Comment

great! forgot to buy 002 (whoops)

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]Let us know what you think about our releases and our label.
            the 7"s are great - any chance of making them with large holes though?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Mar. 01 2004,15:40)]great! forgot to buy 002 (whoops)

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]Let us know what you think about our releases and our label.
              the 7"s are great - any chance of making them with large holes though?
              good question! the simple answer is no, sorry. everyone else uses big holes, and we're British, so we'll have small ones thankyouverymuch.

saves carrying around those silly little adapters too.

Comment

Is there any easy way of getting these without having to get hold of UK cheques?

And on a possibly related note is there a brillo thing circa the last week of March as I'll be over that way for All Tomorrow's Parties.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (theeman @ Mar. 01 2004,15:44)]good question! the simple answer is no, sorry. everyone else uses big holes, and we're British, so we'll have small ones thankyouverymuch.

saves carrying around those silly little adapters too.
                  Respectful salutations to you sir! Yep, British record releases really should have small holes. It's historically correct and quintessentially proper.
                  For people who have a need for big holes, get dinked!
                  Dinker!!!
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

there&#39;s a HF&amp;S on Thurs April 1st, normally a number of Brillo-ites there if that&#39;s any help.

Comment

Could be - though on Friday morning I need to get up and get down to Camber Sands for 3 days of serious partying and frivilous left field Sonic youth type music. So that might scupper my style somewhat.
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

i&#39;d be interested in purchasing all 3, hope theres some copy left of 001 and 002 for me&#33; special price for us foreign vultures??

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ Mar. 01 2004,15:58)]Is there any easy way of getting these without having to get hold of UK cheques?

And on a possibly related note is there a brillo thing circa the last week of March as I&#39;ll be over that way for All Tomorrow&#39;s Parties.
                          we can take bank transfer, paypal (in just about any currency), cash in most currencies (except dollars at the moment - they&#39;re not worth much&#33... drop us a line through the site an we can sort something out.

mr mcdoom - drop us a PM if you want all three 45s, or mail chris vulture. we&#39;ll sort something out for you. we really are down to the last 10 or so&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Mar. 01 2004,16:09)]there&#39;s a HF&amp;S on Thurs April 1st, normally a number of Brillo-ites there if that&#39;s any help.
                            You&#39;ll get The New Master Sounds live too&#33;
                            http://wakeupanddie.com
                            http://weirdgearnyc.com
                            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

The 1st is in my diary may well pop along for a bit. So does anyone want to point me in the direction of where, when etc.

&#39;cos I&#39;m lazy.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X