X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theeman
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Mar. 05 2004,17:51)]Not Ray Stevens' The Streak? I bet all those trendy collectors of Janus don't own that one

Is Pamoja a card game or something?
    pamoja is swahili for 'together', and the streaking song is ace, and very cheap. 'Here comes the streaker' by High Voltage.

Leave a comment:

• Belson
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Mar. 08 2004,09:01)]Ha ha! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.... reseeesst, reseeesst!
    Of course not, mate.

I'll always lean on ya for that one. A potential great tune, ruined by Wanda/Olives tender wailing. Such a shame.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    Ha ha! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.... reseeesst, reseeesst!

Leave a comment:

• Belson
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (fin @ Mar. 05 2004,20:40)]hmm.. pamoja. it really is very good, but only just, if you see what I mean. It could easily be truly appalling, but just scrapes into the fucking ace category by a whisker. a bit like courtial. and several other things.
    Are you comparing Courtial to Pamoja, young Fin? Oooh, sacrilege! Losing you is a great tune sung by Mr Knowles, who can sing! Pamoja on the other hand is let down by the struggling Pharell Williams soundalike, even though the tune is nice enough.

The Wanda Davis is a nice enough tune, but why on earth they got Olive from On The Buses to masquerade under the pseudonym Wanda Davis, to debauch the vocal like that, I'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• fin
    replied
    hmm.. pamoja. it really is very good, but only just, if you see what I mean. It could easily be truly appalling, but just scrapes into the fucking ace category by a whisker. a bit like courtial. and several other things.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    Well some people regard the Pamoja 45 as fit only for poker chips, but I like it... Critics simply haven't listened to it enough... same with the Wanda Davis, eh Greg?

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Mar. 05 2004,17:37)]Good! I was pleasantly surprised by the band (Level 42 playing Acid Jazz is probably really insulting but isn't meant to be) and was particularly impressed by the bassist and synth player. And Ed played Pamoja and a ridiculous songs about streaking.

Not Ray Stevens' The Streak? I bet all those trendy collectors of Janus don't own that one

Is Pamoja a card game or something?

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Good! I was pleasantly surprised by the band (Level 42 playing Acid Jazz is probably really insulting but isn't meant to be) and was particularly impressed by the bassist and synth player. And Ed played Pamoja and a ridiculous songs about streaking.

Leave a comment:

• ladyboygrimsby
    replied
    How was this last night? I really did mean to come this time, but forces of darkness prevented me.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Jeez Serms, we just can't keep up. Looking dapper tho'...

Leave a comment:

• Matt Hero
    replied
    All hail Soulmad

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    replied
    So that'll be evil Sermad then

Leave a comment:

• sermad
    replied
    Yup I'll be there - slick back hair and satin suit.

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    so who's up for it? anyone got anything they really want to hear off the blaxcom site?

Leave a comment:

• Nick Cope
    started a topic Hf&s thrurs march 04: kold fusion live

Hf&s thrurs march 04: kold fusion live

This week: Kold Fusion live

Hot, Funky & Sweaty March 04
    Salmon & Compasses, 58 Penton St, Angel, London N1
    Every 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month, 8pm-2am. £2 (cheap&#33

HF&S takes a more souful turn this week, with Kold Fusion playing live. KS features a smooth female vocal, but funk fans donÂ’t get all concerned now, they still pack a mean edge and are the resident band for Huw PriceÂ’s Brixton based funk weekly, Eat My Funk, so you know theyÂ’re tight...

Guesting is OST guru Ed ‘the man’: force behind Blaxploitation.com and one third of Licorice Soul Records, who have been re-releasing some fine, fine gems on 45 – complete with English style BB holes in the middle!

Coming up at HF&S:

March 18 – Baker Brothers & guest DJ Mark Llmod1
    April 01 – New Master Sounds & guest DJs Greg Belson (Hogwash/Deepfunk, Thierry Steuve (Dyn-o-mite, Brussels)
    April 15 – Horizon 22 & guest DJ Vibra (7-Hills Records)
    May 06 – Rev Cleatus & The Soul Saviours. Guest DJ tbc

Working...
X