Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rhythm heritage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rhythm heritage

    picked up an lp by rhythm heritage called disco-fied lp today, great version of the theme from s.w.a.t. on it "DISCOFUNKBREAKS" anyone else heard/got this one, or know anything about it.
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

  • #2
    I love this LP

    Indeed the version of SWAT is a classic Bronx Break.. Sampled by LL Cool J on the legendary 'I'm Bad' track.Cut to shreds by a thousand dj's. It was a staple at the DMC mixing championships in the late 80's early 90's.
    The version of '3 Days of the Condor' is second only to Mr Love's All time great version (IMHO)...WORD

    P.
    Go on wit'cha bad elf

    Comment


    • #3
      Don't have the LP, but I've got a couple of singles they did - 'Gonna Fly Now' and 'Barretta's Theme'.

      They're a bit good, actually - they were a band of session musos led by Michael Omartian, I believe, and their version of 'S.W.A.T' was a US No. 1.

      Comment


      • #4
        got the Theme from SWAT on 45, is very nice. have the second album too and remember it being rubbish, but that was a good few years ago

        Comment


        • #5
          I found both albums in Grimsby about a year ago and, yes Bongolia, the other album is rubbish. In fact, the only really good part of Theme From SWAT is the breaky bit. I don't think the rest is up to much.
          http://www.djhistory.com

          Comment


          • #6
            There's a third one with a BDP sample on it - names escapes me though.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

            Comment


            • #7
              The best version of 'Theme From SWAT' is the Ray Coniff version. It's a stormer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Mar. 04 2004,12:14)]The best version of 'Theme From SWAT' is the Ray Coniff version. It's a stormer.  
                Did that LP get a UK issue ? It's been a long time want (ie want to dig, not to buy off eBay) and I've never seen it. This, naturally, annoys the hell out of me.
                Matt Hero

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] ]Did that LP get a UK issue ? It's been a long time want (ie want to dig, not to buy off eBay) and I've never seen it. This, naturally, annoys the hell out of me.
                  I've had a couple out of charities - doesn't mean it's UK though I suppose.
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Mar. 04 2004,12:20)]
                    Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Mar. 04 2004,12:14)]The best version of 'Theme From SWAT' is the Ray Coniff version. It's a stormer.  
                    Did that LP get a UK issue ? It's been a long time want (ie want to dig, not to buy off eBay) and I've never seen it. This, naturally, annoys the hell out of me.
                    I don't think the 'Theme From SWAT' album got a UK release but I'm pretty sure there's a UK issue Conniff album with it on.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (LDJB @ Mar. 04 2004,11:16)]There's a third one with a BDP sample on it - names escapes me though.
                      Sky's the Limit: (ABC 1978)
                      * "Sky's the Limit"
                          Boogie Down Productions's "Nervous"

                      I like this song a lot and played it out quite a few times, often having people asking me the title, so it has an impact for sure. Gets played in the bboy circles too.
                      www.soundclick.com/bboyparkz

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I like a couple cuts off that album. S.W.A.T. as mentioned, but also the title cut and their version of Baretta's Theme.

                        Their other album, "Sky's the Limit" has that BDP sample already mentioned, but also a cover of Starsky and Hutch.

                        Call me a sucker, but I do like themes from 70s cop shows that I grew up with.
                        http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ Mar. 04 2004,12:20)]
                          Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Mar. 04 2004,12:14)]The best version of 'Theme From SWAT' is the Ray Coniff version. It's a stormer.  
                          Did that LP get a UK issue ? It's been a long time want (ie want to dig, not to buy off eBay) and I've never seen it. This, naturally, annoys the hell out of me.
                          You can get it on his "Send in the Clowns" (should be well common) or "T.V. Themes" (apparently less so).

                          The latter is preferable as it has a good "Police Story" theme on it as well.

                          I might have a double of "Send in the Clowns" if I didn't already throw it away in a fit of pique, I'll check it out...
                          *

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i don't think Send in the Clowns is common in the UK. i've never seen a copy, nor the one with 2001 on (i believe it's titled something like 'Conniff Sprach Ba Da Ba Da&#39 and i've known about those two for years

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Mar. 06 2004,18:11)]i don't think Send in the Clowns is common in the UK. i've never seen a copy, nor the one with 2001 on (i believe it's titled something like 'Conniff Sprach Ba Da Ba Da&#39 and i've known about those two for years
                              Don't bother with the 2001 one, it's pants.

                              (Do people still say "pants" in the UK?)

                              Anyway, now that I have this valuable information I can flood the trades board with copies of Send In The Clowns.

                              *

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X