Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentle rain

Hello everyone.

Been diggin the compilations DIMENSIONS IN SOUND lately.
    The track Sour Soul - GENTLE RAIN has caused me to post this new topic.
    Who were these guys? How many lp's are there? And which track is SOUR SOUL off? It sounds like something from a euro spy film.
    I am curious about DIMENSION IN SOUND series. Some tracks have been giving false titles (for obvious legal reasons). The track BEACH BUGGY on volume three is actually A WOMAN IS BORN from Selected Sound library.
    So Is SOUR SOUL actually SOUR SOUL??

David
    God bless Fatso.

Sour Soul is not by the Gentle Rain - it's from the movie "The Flasher" and the name of the band escapes me (pooh pal or summat). The Mood Mosaic comp also has this track down as being by the Gentle Rain too - maybe that's where the confusion starts (but more confusingly I've heard that these comps were based on the earlier "Nuggets of Funk" comps !?).
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

"The Flasher"?  

Sounds like a long lost Robin Askwith romp. I can't find any info on the imdb. Does it go by any other names??

David
      God bless Fatso.

Comment

Get yourself over to Eds www.blaxploitation.com site, where you'll find all the info you'll need for this.

Comment

that Flasher album won 'best soundtrack' at that year's adult film awards. against stiff competition. snigger.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

oh, and yes, it does go by another title (thanks to Pimpadelic Wonderland) -

THE FLASHER (Forbidden Under Censorship of the King) 1973 [A-] Unknown and inspired gonzo skin flick weirdness from NYC narrated by "Super Sperm" and starring Harry Reems. Super kool psych funk soundtrack by Pool Pah. An all time fave!
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

WOW!! Thanks for the info guys.

David
              God bless Fatso.

Comment

Working...
              X