Dark places for deepfunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark places for deepfunk

What was that funk tune used in the fight sequence of Garth Marenghi's Dark Place last night? I'm sure I have it somewhere, but I can't bring the title to mind.

Obviously, said tune was utterly overshadowed by Sanchez' Hasselhoff-adelic tune.

Benicio

PS Thornton Reed for President.
    Jet Boy stole my baby.

It's on Tivo, so I'll go and have a listen later on. Not that I know bugger all about Funk mind....

Edit : It's 'Can I Be Your Squeeze' - Chuck Carbo & The Soul Finders. It's an Eddie Bo production which I think was on one of those New orleans funk comps recently....
    Matt Hero

Comment

Ive never seen this show. Its either bloody great or bloody awful.

Anyone have them on vhs?
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I reckoned it sounded like Nawlins alright.

But my fuse box blew during the first half - ruining my plan of having a beautifully crafted videotape of all 6 episodes.

And now I can&#39;t find an unimbedded pic of Todd Rivers to use as a new avatar. I&#39;m sure there&#39;s some way around his but I haven&#39;t found it yet.
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

TODD RIVERS
          Star of over sixty horror films, Rivers was the bright B-movie hope of his generation, until drink and womanising took its toll. Recent appearances in The Bill and Holby City, however speak of an actor returning to his best form. An accomplished rock singer/songwriter, he is perhaps most famous for his Lucky Dip LP, featuring the tracks Hot Woman (When You&amp;#8217;re Going Down) and One Track Lover, which is featured in Episode 6 of Darkplace.

Though in reality I&#39;m sure its from the New Orleans funk comp.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (sermad @ Mar. 05 2004,16:46)]Ive never seen this show. Its either bloody great or bloody awful.

Anyone have them on vhs?
            It&#39;s the former. It&#39;s genius.
            http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

It sho nuff was Edwin Bocage + Chuck Carbo...yeeeeeeaaawwwwww&#33;
              Darkplace is the greatest example of &#39;dreamweaving&#39; I can think of on television today.
              Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (sermad @ Mar. 05 2004,16:46)]Ive never seen this show. Its either bloody great or bloody awful.

Anyone have them on vhs?
                I&#39;ve just mpeg&#39;ed them all for my bro, so I can send you a set on cd-rs if you&#39;d like.

I&#39;d make a Merenghi smilie, but I think, bizarrely, Bill almost doubles &#33; &#33; &#33;

Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ Mar. 05 2004,17:30)]
                  Originally posted by [b

Anyone have them on vhs?
                  It&#39;s the former. It&#39;s genius.
                  Quite easily the funniest thing on telly since the office... has me crying every week... Sanchez&#39;s tune almost made me piss myself.
                  Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

The best goddamn hair in the hospital.

Here&#39;s some diddy ones

( http://www.essenhaitch.co.uk/vv/dp )
                    Laminated with Clarifoilâ„¢

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Damn, I&#39;d just added the very same pic to my profile...
                      Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X