Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thelonious MOke
    replied
    If anyone has a spare of this I would definitely be up a trade.

Leave a comment:

• Devil McDOOM
    replied
    yeah its a good one, i've found 2 copies up here in sweden so it cant be that hard to find

Leave a comment:

• Seventies Kid
    replied
    Great record (IMHO) from start to finish - nuff said!

Doesn't turn up, either.

Leave a comment:

• Lord Thames
    replied
    I think there's another issue on a different label too, but I've got the RCA version. Not bad for 30p!

Leave a comment:

• BoneyVotel
    replied
    Think Ive got a spare on this.
    Ill check & let you know funky Tee

Leave a comment:

• wayne
    replied
    Mine came from a booter and cost a quid, but it's the 'Modesty Blaise' & 'Return From the Ashes' that stand out, though I'd put a word in for the nice flutey/loungey theme from 'Look Stranger', too. That said, it's a fully listenable big band jazz LP - you don't get the plummet in quality from track to track you do on some LPs, and it's all nice enough stuff. Tracklist is as follows:

Theme:Modesty Blaise
    Themearling
    Theme: Morgan
    Theme: Return From The Ashes
    Theme: All Gone (from The Servant)

East St Louis Boogaloo
    Round Table Round
    Herbie Walks Again
    Long John
    Look Stranger (from BBC TV series Look Stranger)
    Whirly Birly (from BBC TV series Bird's Eye View)

It's RCA SF 8405, and features Dankworth with Don Rendell, Alan Wakeman, Roger Cawkwell, Kenny Baker, Ronnie Verrall and lots of others...

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    I would guess slightly cheaper Ed. I paid £15 from the soundtrack shop in Bloomsbury the other year. I like it - 'Modesty Blaise' is good (I think the Gorillaz used it) as is 'Return From The Ashes'.

Leave a comment:

• theeman
    replied
    it's good but not amazing. the stand-out track is the ace version of 'modesty blaise' with the big break. not sure how much it goes for in the UK - 20-30 quid maybe? you don't often see it. mine's from new zealand.

Leave a comment:

• Funky Tee
    started a topic John dankworth

John dankworth

I'm just wondering what this record sounds like, and a tracklist would be great

What's a fair price for it?

Thanks
Working...
X