Jimmy mcgriff & groove holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy mcgriff & groove holmes

picked this up the other day for a whopping $5 ...woohoo! I tried doing a price check online and found one site selling it for $25, I haven't seen it for anything less. Is this considered a collector's item or is it fairly easy to come by? Anyway, i'm just psyched to have found this lp so cheap, and at Hymie's Basement no less.

Hey, hey, hey, waitaminute, waitaminute...

"GIANTS" of the "ORGAN"... "COME TOGETHER"??!?

...oh my aching sides...

(Elsewhere: someone is being beaten to death.)

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (formigo @ Mar. 10 2004,02:52)]"GIANTS" of the "ORGAN"... "COME TOGETHER"??!?
      hehe yes, that is a funny title.

Comment

... shame it's such a standard, uninspiring album... IMHO.

Not a collector's piece to my knowledge and not worth much more than the $5 you paid for it...

Fair comment ?
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I agree with Sie, not much about it but still gotta pick it up if it's that cheap.
          You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] ]I agree with Sie, not much about it but still gotta pick it up if it's that cheap.
            ... if only for the picture of the two Hammond Hero's in those long leather coats!

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Sie Vulture @ Mar. 10 2004,11:59)]
              Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] ]I agree with Sie, not much about it but still gotta pick it up if it's that cheap.
              ... if only for the picture of the two Hammond Hero's in those long leather coats!

If anyone is lusting after a picture of two leather jacket wearing gentlemen next to their respective organs they can have my copy if they want.
              He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Standard organ jazz lp. not really my bag. goes for at most $10 over here in the states.

If you want to hear something much better with those two, check this

"Giants Of The Organ In Concert"

here's a review.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/crates/m.php?page=7
                http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Working...
                X