Pete moore orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete moore orchestra

Yesterday I found a copy of "Academy Award Winners" on Reddifusion. The tracklist does not promise well, but I took the chance an it's great! He funks up a lot of old movie tracks from the 50's and 60's. My question is if he has some other good records on reddifusion exept the latin one and the Burt B.?

Thanks

"the award winners" is a pete moore extravangaza par excellence! who ever thought you could funk-up "steptoe and son" or "talk to the animals" eh?

other good records by him on rediffusion include "exciting sounds of tomorrow" and "solid rockin' brass" - both excellent albums if you can get them very cheaply. he's done loads of good library stuff on chappell as well.

Comment

The '..Plays Bacharach' LP is pretty decent too, IMHO the match of 'Lively & Latin'.
      Matt Hero

Comment

'Award Winners' is the one I found in my parents' garage. Warped like a fruitbowl - plays like a dream!

There's also another Pete Moore LP on Reddifusion which I've only ever seen once and didn't buy because it had been marked-up outrageously and was in terrible condition. It's called 'Everybody's Talkin'' and has a photo of a silhouetted couple on a beach on the front. I think it was mostly covers, but his stuff is generally so good that it would doubtless be worth picking up if you see it.
        The Pop Music Library

Comment

I've got one by him on an offshoot of Rediffusion (Gold Star or something...)

It's bobbins as far as i can remember.
          Endless Tripe

Comment

There's an early one called "Moore & More" (I think it was on Pye) which I had but moved onwards - too much scat jazz for my tastes but there was one rather nice track if I remember rightly.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Tommo of Sprowston @ Mar. 11 2004,13:44)]'Award Winners' is the one I found in my parents' garage. Warped like a fruitbowl - plays like a dream!

There's also another Pete Moore LP on Reddifusion which I've only ever seen once and didn't buy because it had been marked-up outrageously and was in terrible condition. It's called 'Everybody's Talkin'' and has a photo of a silhouetted couple on a beach on the front. I think it was mostly covers, but his stuff is generally so good that it would doubtless be worth picking up if you see it.
              That "Everybody's Talking" jammy is alright but I'd definitely advise waiting for a cheap copy.

Comment

Working...
              X