Matt hero....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt hero....

Matt, was it your good self that mentioned the above lp?
    if it was then cheers fella, i nabbed one a while back from a chridee and have to say it's a damn fine lp all round, and a bit of an unsung gem really.
    Once again, thanks.
    On a similar theme 'California Dreamin' by Bud Shank on Fontana is highly impressive, not having heard much of the great man's work. Another total surprise was the lp 'Experience' by Gloria Gaynor, This is highly soulfull and funky in equal measures loverly!.
    derelicts of dialect

I'm sure it was me along with many others. Killer version of '...Billy Joe' in there.

I do have a spare in case anybody else wants a copy.
    Matt Hero

Comment

i would really like one, matt.

wayne gave me an album of his on rediffusion called "something special" and i'm very into that.

Comment

I'm still looking for a stereo 'World Of JH' - I've only got a mono one, and that seems to be the only one that turns up round here!

You can actually still book the Johnny Howard Band for gigs - maybe we could get him to do a live version of 'Ode To Billie Joe'?

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (wooly @ Mar. 17 2004,22:26)]i would really like one, matt.

wayne gave me an album of his on rediffusion called "something special" and i'm very into that.
          Drop me a PM or an email and we'll work something out.
          Matt Hero

Comment

Is the stereo one harder to find then? (the sleeve has that hole in the corner for the red/blue dot thingy for mono/stereo). Si, i'll keep 'em peeled, if i see one, it's yours.
            derelicts of dialect

Comment

Oh and while i remember, i heard mention of a Stan Butcher 'Charlie Chaplin' lp some time ago. i've seen one for pence. Is it any cop?.???
              derelicts of dialect

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (mundayschild @ Mar. 18 2004,23:18)]Is the stereo one harder to find then? (the sleeve has that hole in the corner for the red/blue dot thingy for mono/stereo). Si, i'll keep 'em peeled, if i see one, it's yours.
                Well, I've never seen one - it's not exactly high on my list of priorities, 'cos I've got a mono one, but every time I see one and I'm feeling a bit flush I check it for stereophony. No luck yet......

Comment

Right 'o' mate. I'll keep a look out for you.
                  ::
                  derelicts of dialect

Comment

And i think we should try to book him, that sounds like an excellent idea.
                    Any venue suggestions?.
                    derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                    X