Ebay help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay help...

Which wouldn't be difficult, but I'm a little concerned about the condition of this record...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

That's gotta hurt. I'm guessing that's suffering from serious ringwear.

Perhaps someone should contact him and ask if it has wings?
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

I don't know what recto means, but tampon en means "plug in" - so I guess he's saying it's a dinked 45?
      Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Ha ha. It's a reference to the stamp on the cover, I do believe.
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (vibra @ Mar. 18 2004,13:35)]I don't know what recto means, but tampon en means "plug in" - so I guess he's saying it's a dinked 45?
          I shoved it in Google and it returned 'plug in recto'. I think you're probably right (I'd expect it to be anyway - it's not UK&#33 but pardon my French.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Cheers Bill! You say potato and I say potato, vive la difference!

Comment

Sorry to spoil the fun, Rich, but recto is the right hand opening page of a book(who'd have thought anyone could be arsed to think up a word for that?), and is occasionally used to describe the top page of a collection of loose pages (who'd have thought that anyo....), so I'm assuming it refers to the cover of the single. Tampon comes from the French word tampon and is best left to the imagination.

Comment

If he's categorising the sleeve first and vinyl second, he could be referring to that 'stamp' that's top right of the sleeve? I think tampon comes from 'tamper' - to stamp.

Otherwise, you're waiting for Pokester's help. My French is alright, but I've never had to use either of those words!
                Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

the record is ex but the sleeve is g+ there's a big stamp on the back side of the picture sleeve...

Title " the donkey is in the oven and the beef is cooked"....

you like that song rich

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                    Quote[/b] (pokester @ Mar. 18 2004,15:08)]Title " the donkey is in the oven and the beef is cooked"....

you like that song rich
                    No, but he's interested in cooking.

Comment

Cheers guys! I meant to say thanks a while back but I couldn't get a connection to post anything...

Anyway, I have no idea what the track is like but I have a Jaques Dutronc search on eBay and that came up (and I'd never seen it before). The title is fantastic Pokester. Thanks for all the help (very impressed Bill - I vaguely remembered you spoke the lingo but surely that goes beyond the requirements of the international jetset DJ?!?). And I love the fact that different languages have words we have no equivalent for. Why don't we have a word for schadenfreude? There, and no mention of cunning linguists. Phew!

Comment

Working...
                      X