Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licorice soul records update

guys,

thought you might want to know what's been going on at Licorice Soul recently as there's a few things to tell you about.

first up, a massive thank you to all of you who've bought our records, told people about them, played them etc etc. it's thanks to you that our first releases have been a big success, and means we can plan for future releases secure in the knowledge that you like what we're doing!

secondly, a stock update. LSD001 (Terry Cavendish Orchestra) has now completely sold out. There are no more. LSD002 (Birds'n'Brass) is down to the last 10 copies. LSD003 has only been out a couple of weeks and we're down to only just over 200 left so get in quick - we've been really surprised (and pleased) at just how quickly this one's flown out.

thirdly, plans for the future. LSD004 is scheduled for a May/June release. it's fully signed up, we have the masters and it's going to be remastered properly to make it super-fat for club play. we can't tell you who it is just yet - but it's worth the wait. it's a UK release and has been featured somewhere within these hallowed VV pages in the past. LSD005 is also lined up for later in the year (probably late August).

finally, for all you Brillo regulars - as promised, at next month's Brillo there will be a stack of boxes of LSD003 and any remaining LSD002 available for the princely sum of 4 quid apiece.

any comments, questions, feedback is always welcome so get in touch!
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Good update Ed... "Minister For Information"

Hoping to get the licence for LSD005 sorted as soon as possible, it would be nice to get the fifth release out in or around August... then we'll have done what we said we'd do and get "five singles out in the first year"...

... thanks to all who have supported us and talked about us to friends.

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Nice one chaps - Ed I'll have three 003s off you when I see you (whatabout NMS in two weeks you gonna be there?)

Props of the large variety will continue to be given with much respek in every aspek!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Si Cheeba @ Mar. 18 2004,16:45)]Nice one chaps - Ed I'll have three 003s off you when I see you
        Ditto Ed. See you at the next
        Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
        X