Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s vinyl containing computer code

http://www.kempa.com/blog/archives/000053.html

This is all I need to hear as I skipped lunch to go through a record shop thats closing down tomorrow - everything €2 except 7"s 50c. No idea if the stuff I got is any good but I spent nearly 40 quid so I'm sure there's some decent bits.
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

i bought that Inner City Unit (ace band) LP at the time. it took WEEKS of fiddling with the tone controls on the stereo to get it to load, but load it did.

the program was quite a funny discography and included reviews of all the band's favourite transport caffs and greasy spoons around the country, gleaned from many hawkwind and ICU tours.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I've 2 Inner City Unit mini lps - not sure of titles though. I'm a big fan of Hawkwind so I tend to pick 'em up if I see 'em.
      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

I have the 'Kissing The Pink' one that someone mentions at the bottom of that page somewhere. I seem to recall the Mr Hopkinson has it too. I found it a few years ago so I've never gotten it into a BBC to try it out. I'm sure it's fantastic though.

Comment

It's not an 80's thing (98 or so?), but 'The Spectrum EP' on Plastic Raygun had a Sinclair Spectrum computer data track on. Of course, I just used it for scratchmeister turntablist type purposes..

Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ Mar. 19 2004,15:38)]I've 2 Inner City Unit mini lps - not sure of titles though. I'm a big fan of Hawkwind so I tend to pick 'em up if I see 'em.
            one of them must be the classic 'blood and bone' with great cover art. they even made a (very bad and very funny) video for that one which is apparently proper rare - my mate's still got his copy.
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Blighty @ Mar. 19 2004,16:14)]I have the 'Kissing The Pink' one that someone mentions at the bottom of that page somewhere. I seem to recall the Mr Hopkinson has it too. I found it a few years ago so I've never gotten it into a BBC to try it out. I'm sure it's fantastic though.  
              Yep got one of those, and the Thompson Twins flexi on that page, too! Also converted photoshop.exe into raw audio data for the electronic breakdown/up of a track once . . . and it got though Russian customs where, audio cds are actually *checked* for hidden data, apparently, sometimes, someone once told me.
              Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (theeman @ Mar. 19 2004,17:53)]
                Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (emperor tomato ketchup @ Mar. 19 2004,15:38)]I've 2 Inner City Unit mini lps - not sure of titles though. I'm a big fan of Hawkwind so I tend to pick 'em up if I see 'em.
                one of them must be the classic 'blood and bone' with great cover art. they even made a (very bad and very funny) video for that one which is apparently proper rare - my mate's still got his copy.
                Yeah it is actually. The art is quite similar to the President's Tapes.

Nik Turner is a lunatic - I've seen him a few times and he would play his sax at the opening of a bag of crisps. I've seen him keep playing unamplified frequently, either after the stage has shut or while the bands are changing over. And usually this is after he's just played with whatever band have finished.

John Peel

Comment

Heh heh. Youse lot is just fookin' weird!
                  derelicts of dialect

Comment

Working...
                  X