Booters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booters?

Ok, please don't laugh, but what the hell are these booters you keep talking about? Is it like open air markets where anyone can go and sell whatever they have lying around?

What about garage sales: do people actually open their garage doors to sell stuff they don't want anymore? Believe me, that's a strange concept for us portuguese people.

Booter

Comment

Now i get it... Thanx!

Comment

No worries. I think you're spot on with your garage sales guess but I've never been to one so I wouldn't know. We don't have these in the UK.

Comment

garage sales in the US are most commonly held in front of a person's house, where their goods are most visible to the public. I'm sure they originated from the garage but since they are generally behind someone's home they prove to be quite pointless, especially if no one knows you're back there selling stuff. the UK booter sales sound more like the US equivalent of what we call 'flea markets', an open marketplace where many different sellers come to hock their merchandise, whereas garage sales are done on an individual basis.

Comment

only ever been to one garage sale and that was held by an American family selling things before they moved back to the US. some good finds, including some nice model cars (well, i was only 6 at the time)

Comment

Working...
            X