• How much?

Thought I'd kick off this week's edition:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....IT&rd=1

'cor!
    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Worth a tenner?
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Well, it&#39;s pricey, but I&#39;m more intigued by the music on this one - I&#39;ve never heard of it, it looks interesting, and my question is: has anyone got/heard this, and is it any cop?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....ory=306
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

That does look interesting, though I don&#39;t think I have that much spare cash lieing around.
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Uh, wasn&#39;t thinking of bidding, by the way...I mean, it&#39;s still &#39;reserve not met&#39;, too, and it&#39;s already the price of a &#39;Moody&#39;. Good lord, no...

More just read the description, noted the claim for the presence of pretty much a full set of personal and wondered if there might be a reish or something knocking about...

And I just LOVE the way the description ends with &#39;...and why not try our ther auctions - perhaps you could save the postage&#33;&#39;. Perhaps you could sell the wife and kidneys, more like...
          a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

talking of re-issues in a possibly similar vein, picked up a (Scorpio?) reissue of The Orient Express s/t on Mainstream, and it&#39;s great&#33; meant to post about it on the Eastern Mysticism thread.

Comment

oriental sunshine reissue:

http://www.hicom.net/~dlarson/Updates-dec03.html

haven&#39;t heard it though...
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

It&#39;s an exotic folk thing from Norway, for me personally it&#39;s not that good. A bit too easy. Although it&#39;s treasured in some circles, I know Victor Kiswell favours it high ..

This ebay copy is the second press. The original first pressing is on Fontana and came out a year before. And if I remember correctly is priced £300 in the record collectors guide.
                salchicha&#33;

Comment

If this goes for high loot (currently is ) I&#39;m sure to be sticking up one of these very soon.
                  And hopefully get a chance to take that long awaited flight to Tokyo and back.

Shameless plug again  
                  salchicha&#33;

Comment

how is saft teddy ?

Comment

I haven&#39;t heard any of their releases, I believe it&#39;s a standard rock outfit. Although I have an album produced by Terje Rypdal,
                      with the some of the SAFT musicians involved, and it&#39;s a theater version of Hair, entitled in Norwegian &quot;haar&quot; It&#39;s pretty forgettable
                      except the one min jam session cut at the end of the record.
                      salchicha&#33;

Comment

You better sit down before you click on this one:

Comment

Cheers for the info - will have to do a bit of searching around to see if that reish can be verified as decent quality, but music sounds like it&#39;d up my street...

Curious, too, that Teddy R&#39;s comment that the Fontana is the 1st press renders the description of the copy on ebay wrong -very insistent it&#39;s a &#39;Philips 1st press&#39; there.

Buyer beware, I guess.

Especially as it&#39;s now way over &#39;Moody&#39; price and still &#39;reserve not met&#39;.  WTF kind of reserve is on this thing? Can it be THAT rare if we&#39;ve got a Vulture toting doubles...??

Comment

I wasn&#39;t aware that this record was worth so much  

any vultures heard of it - I got mine of an older psych head collector guy for about 3 quid

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=4001893614

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                              Quote[/b] (wayne @ Mar. 23 2004,03:08)]Curious, too, that Teddy R&#39;s comment that the Fontana is the 1st press renders the description of the copy on ebay wrong -very insistent it&#39;s a &#39;Philips 1st press&#39; there.
                              I guess the seller is not aware of this, if people are spending that much money on a record they should be confident in buying the item the description tells ..

Just mailed the guy selling it ..
                              salchicha&#33;

Comment

Working...
                              X