Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayisapi.dll?bah humbug!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayisapi.dll?bah humbug!

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale."

Bollocks!!! Anyone got a spare?
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

"The seller has ended this item early because someone has just stuck him a wodge of cash for doing so..."
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

"but possibly not as much as if he'd let the auction run its course..."

Comment

"The stupid bloody idiot who's now whinging should have put down a marker instead of waiting to snipe."

Hope it's the reissue, mutter, mutter, grumble, grumble...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

hard to say from that photo... the reissue is the usual Scorpio type, btw

Comment

Perhaps there where objections to the new spelling of "Rubaiyat" employed.

I'd get the £7 reiss out of Fopp if I were you Rich.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (bongolia @ Mar. 25 2004,14:25)]hard to say from that photo... the reissue is the usual Scorpio type, btw
              That's why I thought I'd wait then check when the seller wouldn't have enough time to update the description. And I'd buy the reissue but then I'd still want the OG...

Comment

Always baffles me this album.

Apart from 'The Moving Finger' it really is rather bad.

I offloaded my copy with glee and a minor snigger to a Japanese collector for £175 about a year or so ago.

Comment

Damn, too bad I missed that opportunity Greg. Still, you don't rate 'Joyful Grass And Grape' at all?

Comment

I agree, that Ashby LP is really overrated. Quite funny really cos all the auctions ending early that I usually see are for crazy rare 45s, but that one looks like a Soulstrut special! Yup, I agree with Mike, I'll bet the kid offered too much for a mediocre record elavated to grail status by soulstrut style kids in recent years... But I guess if he/she wanted it bad enough... Just wonder if they will want it so bad after they listen to the thing.
                    http://wakeupanddie.com
                    http://weirdgearnyc.com
                    http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ Mar. 26 2004,10:19)]Damn, too bad I missed that opportunity Greg.    Still, you don't rate 'Joyful Grass And Grape' at all?  
                      I thought the album as a whole was just so dull. When I offloaded my copy, I had just rediscovered it in my collection, virtually holding up the bedpost. .

Comment

I'm with you Rich, it's the dopenuss.

Now can I be in the new soulstrut soap?

BTW, I just lightened the load off my Holy Grails list tonite:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4003027571

Chuffed to bloody bastard buggery so I am. Took tiiiiiiiime!.

Now this is the dopenuss.
                        I was raised by wolves

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ Mar. 26 2004,10:25)]I agree, that Ashby LP is really overrated. Quite funny really cos all the auctions ending early that I usually see are for crazy rare 45s, but that one looks like a Soulstrut special! Yup, I agree with Mike, I'll bet the kid offered too much for a mediocre record elavated to grail status by soulstrut style kids in recent years... But I guess if he/she wanted it bad enough... Just wonder if they will want it so bad after they listen to the thing.
                          As a soulstrut kid myself I gotta say I've been after a copy of "Rubiyat" for over 5 years now (waaaaay before my first posts on the mighty SS board). My main drive in getting this is in the fact that the one and only copy I saw was priced at $300 (wax trax in Las Vegas). I would have laughed it off and not thoguht anything more of it if I had seen it again, but like I said its been 5 years and not a single ashby has popped up around these parts. In the same amount of time I have seen 2 Stark Realities, a few Ruby Andrews and the entire Eastbound collection for sale. Now I know that Rubiyat can't be that rare but you know the deal, you want what you can't have.

I'm ready to throw down a little dough for this album but not the $125+ price I've seen it go for. I know its pretty much a one tracker (Moving finger) and one trackers are never worth $125 IMO.

maybe I'm a little too high, but the more I review that last paragraph the more I see a mixed message. Anyways carry on y'all

Comment

This is a very recurring theme isnt it? When is a one tracker not a one tracker?
                            I think the vast majority of people here who post on the regular, have at one time or another, been caught in the dealers loop, the old dealers game if you like, where you are developing your senses for what you like, musically and what is out there. You hear of a guy who apparently "gets the heat" and once you locate them or, in the case of a certain Brixton based dealer, they locate you and those lists start coming thru your door, [yes, I am talking way before online listings and the evil Bay] you are pretty much hooked. And yes, I include myself in this all too well!

I think the way we still perceive certain LP's has a lot to do with these fledgling years, feverishly reading about the Dorothy Ashby's, the David Axelrod's, the Moody's, etc, etc, etc......I know so much more than I did then and I'm onto way too many other joints which never got listed in Resolution, Casbah, Jazzman or wherever. And of course, the more I know about this murky world, the less I find I know. There's always somebody waiting to shock you out with yet more freshness. There's always a mad cheap 45 which knocks you off your feet or something heavy takes you to another heavy draw.

But nevertheless, my body temperature still rises a few degrees when I check a Rubaiyat and I think this is in reference to those early years whilst I was cutting my teeth on dealers lists, getting fed stuff on these kind of joints.

I guess for me, I'll never get over some LP's and as a consequence, the temptation to own them will forever prevail.

Once again proving, unquestionably, the more I know, the less I know
                            I was raised by wolves

Comment

Ive gotta disagree with this being a one tracker.

I got mine over 10 years ago when all i knew about was hip hop & a few james brown/ blue note type breaks.
                              I was just starting to buy more rock type stuff i.e. Brian Auger Trinity and the like. I found both Rubiyant & Archie Whitewater LP's & bought them on spec 'cause they were on Cadet & I had a few bits on the lable. They were under a £5.00 from a local record shop , which no longer exists. (probally cause they sold LP's that cheap)
                              I rate the LP so highly & after that searched out Afro Harping & then the rest of her LP's. Perhaps its a personal / nostalgic thing for me? But that is one of my hottest ever LP's.
                              You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Working...
                              X