Sarah winton? any info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah winton? any info

Just sorting through my spare room and throwing loads of doubles onto Ebay when I came across this gem which I had forgotten about.

It's by a lady called Sarah Winton and its called You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down. The LP is a hybrid of styles soul, jazz, Hip Hop, funk, Brazillian, pretty much everything you'd want. It's got tracks produced by Stetsasonic and Marus Valle. It's from 1993

Anyway does anyone know anything about this record or artist?? It's on $ound of Money Records. It's great!!!

A truely rare record I've wanted one since it's release...I have the Sweatmouth EP's (SOM) that came out before the LP. 'Floating Away' was years ahead of it's time. Must dig em for another listen
    Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

Damn. I've got the singles on sound of moneyv-vI never knew there was an album.
      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

I didn't realise it was rare at all? I heard one track on a Giles P show yeras ago and searched for ages until I found a copy in a charity. Then found another charity shop copy which is going on the Bay. It really is a great LP though, is Miss Winton up to anything now do we Know?

Comment

Cor, Sweatmouth... Now that's a name I haven't heard for many, many years...!
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Haggle have got this lp for $14 for gemm. Could be better going there and trying to track it down.
            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Wow just got a copy nice&#33;
              Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

I found another appearance by her on a Nightmares On Wax promo from about 3 years ago...Not as good as her own/Sweatmouth stuff but her vocal shines...
                Go on wit'cha bad elf

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1
                  Just sorting through my spare room and throwing loads of doubles onto Ebay when I came across this gem which I had forgotten about.

It&#39;s by a lady called Sarah Winton and its called You Can&#39;t Keep a Good Woman Down. The LP is a hybrid of styles soul, jazz, Hip Hop, funk, Brazillian, pretty much everything you&#39;d want. It&#39;s got tracks produced by Stetsasonic and Marus Valle. It&#39;s from 1993

Anyway does anyone know anything about this record or artist?? It&#39;s on &#036;ound of Money Records. It&#39;s great&#33;&#33;&#33;
                  hiya I'm still around and theres a second soloish album,since cant keep a good woman down....released by me ...... ive made about 30 albums since that first but most of them are for other people, like nightmares on wax.with vocals and or piano or whatever....but theres always more..
                  you can contact me on [email protected] so there you are.ys sarah winton.(sound of honey)

Comment

Originally posted by sound of honey
                    hiya I'm still around and theres a second soloish album,since cant keep a good woman down....released by me ...... ive made about 30 albums since that first but most of them are for other people, like nightmares on wax.with vocals and or piano or whatever....but theres always more..
                    you can contact me on [email protected] so there you are.ys sarah winton.(sound of honey)

Blimey. How's that for a turn up? I always did like that first one so what's your second soloish album called?

Comment

"Summer Brass" is an absolute killer track and it never leaves my record box/bag.
                      "Its not punishment they need, Its gunishment"

Comment

Originally posted by peretti
                        Blimey. How's that for a turn up? I always did like that first one so what's your second soloish album called?
                        second albums called "cedarwood"

Comment

second albums called cedarwood

Originally posted by peretti
                          and its got lots of people on it....cheers for interest sw

Comment

Wasn't there a track on the Mr. Scruff Solid Steel mix... Tell Me How... that is a wicked track... is that from the first album?
                            Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

dammit dammit dammit. bought the first album when it came out, and have just gone thru all of the piles of vinyl in the house to no avail.

Comment

Working...
                              X