Ebay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay question

I listed an album on ebay last week as being in excellent condition (records & sleeve) but when I checked the records under a bright light I noticed some light surface marks. the album plays fine but I feel bad because my description would seem misleading--I don't want the guy leaving me negative feedback because he thinks I screwed him over. what should I do? should I explain to him the condition of the records once the auction is over and offer him a discount? what is the etiquette here?

nevermind, problem solved

Comment

Did you circumvent the potential dilemma by simply releasing the hounds on the unsuspecting fellow...?

Exxxxcellent.
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Don't know what you should do regarding your dilemma but personally I just describe everything as VG or VG+ (unless it's worse of course). If it's mint (which it almost never is) I might put EX but otherwise I like to be really really conservative so as to avoid potential disputes. I'm not sure if some buyers wouldn't bid if they see VG or VG+ but I'd rather just avoid trouble.

Comment

Just like to say that 'EX' doesnt exist in the goldmine standard. M, VG, G, F with +'s and -'s.
          www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Grading&#39;s a thorny question. The bottom line for me is sound quality so, from my point of view, if it turned up with a few marks and scuffs but played fine I&#39;d be happy enough.
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Assessment of sound quality&#39;s all a bit subjective anyway - it depends on what you&#39;re listening to it on.  I&#39;ve known albums that sound fine on my cheapo 1970s Fidelity Ambiophonic music centre that sound like a frying breakfast on a posh Tandberg thing with a hundred quid stylus.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (Lord Thames @ Mar. 26 2004,12:15)]Assessment of sound quality&#39;s all a bit subjective anyway - it depends on what you&#39;re listening to it on.  I&#39;ve known albums that sound fine on my cheapo 1970s Fidelity Ambiophonic music centre that sound like a frying breakfast on a posh Tandberg thing with a hundred quid stylus.
                True. I think my system tends to highlight a lot of the noise and it&#39;s most certainly not a posh deck.
                You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

yeah but if you paid &#036;100 for an album and it was listed in excellent condition you would probably expect it to be flawless, or at the very least not have any surface marks. oh well. I&#39;ve just replaced the records with a spare set I have that are in VG condition.

Comment

Working...
                  X